RoadKill Rom Dump?

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

InsertCoin25

RoadKill Rom Dump?

Post by InsertCoin25 »

Was the roadkill rom, made by memblers, ever released for download?

Thank You
InsertCoin25
Memblers
Site Admin

Re: RoadKill Rom Dump?

Post by Memblers »

I don't think so. At least I haven't. When I sold that single cartridge of it I included a copy of the source code and ROM, and told the buyer he can release it or not. I didn't hear anything about it again, until nearly 10 years later, a friend of a guy I know found it at a yard sale. Last time I met up with him, I was surprisingly able to have a little reunion with my old cart. I'm not sure if I even have a copy of that exact version of the ROM (I didn't do version control back then).

You must know about it since you asked, but if anyone else is curious, Roadkill was my first attempt to make something on the NES (other than simple tests and screwing around) back in maybe 1998. I kept coming back to it every few years as I learned how to program and rewrote large parts of it. I think I sold that prototype copy in 2005, looks like I worked on it last in 2008 but it's never been complete enough to release. Gameplay is basically there, but only 2 levels, and there's no ending. Lots of unimplemented features too, since I wanted to expand beyond Freeway (the game it's a clone of), some of the graphics are in the ROM. Stuff like different player characters, one of them was a guy on fire, vehicles with tank treads and giant chainsaws on the front, stuff like that.

edit: for fun, since I'm not sure if this is online anymore, here's a poster that includes it (and other fantastic games):
Attachments
strangulation-lineup-reduced.jpg
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

Love the slogan. It packs much more power than the original!
InsertCoin25

Post by InsertCoin25 »

tokumaru wrote:Love the slogan. It packs much more power than the original!
The slogan is great.:D
Memblers wrote:I don't think so. At least I haven't. When I sold that single cartridge of it I included a copy of the source code and ROM, and told the buyer he can release it or not. I didn't hear anything about it again, until nearly 10 years later, a friend of a guy I know found it at a yard sale. Last time I met up with him, I was surprisingly able to have a little reunion with my old cart. I'm not sure if I even have a copy of that exact version of the ROM (I didn't do version control back then).

You must know about it since you asked, but if anyone else is curious, Roadkill was my first attempt to make something on the NES (other than simple tests and screwing around) back in maybe 1998. I kept coming back to it every few years as I learned how to program and rewrote large parts of it. I think I sold that prototype copy in 2005, looks like I worked on it last in 2008 but it's never been complete enough to release. Gameplay is basically there, but only 2 levels, and there's no ending. Lots of unimplemented features too, since I wanted to expand beyond Freeway (the game it's a clone of), some of the graphics are in the ROM. Stuff like different player characters, one of them was a guy on fire, vehicles with tank treads and giant chainsaws on the front, stuff like that.

edit: for fun, since I'm not sure if this is online anymore, here's a poster that includes it (and other fantastic games):
Ah, that is too bad. I swear I had seen it somewhere released, with source code. Maybe it was another game. Thank you for the info Memblers, much appreciated.