Music composer (collaboration on homebrews wanted)

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

Tuï

Music composer (collaboration on homebrews wanted)

Post by Tuï » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:31 am

Hello guys,

I'm a french musician/composer looking for collaborations! Feel free to text me if you have a project in need of music, i'll be happy to help!

Last release :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWWese9YVFo&t=76s

dougeff

Re: Music composer (collaboration on homebrews wanted)

Post by dougeff » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:31 am

I think someone should put together a music collection, different famitracker musicians, and sell cartridges.

I don't currently have the resources to do this, but maybe someone should do a kickstarter.
nesdoug.com -- blog/tutorial on programming for the NES

Tuï

Post by Tuï » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:02 am

Even if i have to admit i'd love to see my music fitting an actual gameplay, I'd be more than happy to participate in such a project. Do we have informations on the next edition of the Nes Homebrew competition? My secret goal would be to find people to work with in that direction!

I've checked your blog, lot of good stuff here, thx.

qbradq

Post by qbradq » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:59 am

I am working on a small platformer hoping to enter it as a 16KiB ROM in the next homebrew competition. I'll be looking for someone to work with on the music and sound. How do you feel about using a music engine with less features, like FamiTone 2?

Tuï

Post by Tuï » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:11 am

Hi, I've never worked with Famitone 2 but i think eventually it would be the same kind of limitations than GGSound? I would have to look closely but we could give it a try! Do you already have features of your game?

qbradq

Post by qbradq » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:55 am

FamiTone 2 can use FamiTracker files with some limitations on the instruments. But I'm down to use whatever library and tools you are comfortable with. If it happens to be something with a very low ROM footprint that would be preferable, but not a deal-breaker.

Right now I just have the basic running, jumping, level generation and scrolling. I'm not to the point that I would go shopping for help, but I saw you had an eye towards the next homebrew competition. I wanted to let you know I'm at least working on the same kind of project.

Tuï

Post by Tuï » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:59 am

Cool! so let's keep in touch, it would be great to work as a team on the next competition for sure!