Kosmity Atakujo

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

sdm2

Kosmity Atakujo

Post by sdm2 »

Kosmity Atakujo (NESASM3)

There is not much to describe - another strange game by me :wink: There will be new aliens, improved level generation code and randomization of opponents depending on the level in the game.

Gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyJPRamrUO0

Attachments
kosmity atakujo 27.11.2020.nes
(128.02 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
kosmity atakuja 20.10.2020.nes
(128.02 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
kosmity atakujo 10.07.2020.nes
(128.02 KiB) Downloaded 365 times
kosmity.jpg
Last edited by sdm2 on Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:03 am, edited 19 times in total.
Goose2k

Re: Kosmity Atakujo

Post by Goose2k »

Nice start!

I know its early but a bit of feedback:
  • The invulnerability on enemies after you hit them makes the game feel really slow. Would much prefer if ever bullet hit did damage, and possibly even 1 hit kills aside from some larger enemies or something.
  • Some of the enemies seems to take a ton of hits to kill. Seemed inconsistent, but I'm not sure.
  • I like the idea of the bullet doing both direct damage and splash damage. I think having risk/reward with destroying blocks to create splash damage would be/is a cool mechanic.
Looking forward to seeing how it progresses!
rox_midge

Post by rox_midge »

There's a lot to love here, and not much to criticize!
  • The splash damage is awesome. You can damage entire groups at once, and you don't even need to score a direct hit - just hit a nearby wall.
  • The ability to destroy incoming projectiles is fun, too!
  • It took a few rounds before I discovered that the rocks had powerups inside. Unfortunately most of the powerups I got in my playthroughs were more harmful than good - one killed me immediately, and one slowed me down. But one did have a tactical nuke in it, which was sorely needed at the time I found it :D
  • I like that enemies can spawn out of the rocks as well - it encourages you to be diligent about how many you open at once.
  • „Koniec kurwa imprezy” - LOL!
It does feel a little stiff to move around - I feel like I get stuck on rocks a bunch, and I feel like I should slide around them.

I also feel it's a bit unfair to let the aliens continue to move around when they're hurt, and not let the player move. Although the player does get invincibility for a while after they die and can still attack while invincible, I feel like it hurts the pacing.

This is really fun to play!
sdm2

Post by sdm2 »

The game was created quickly last year. In recent days I have improved it a bit. One alien is stronger and probably too much. Opponents' code is not completed and requires some thought. This is such a very early version, which I provide only to check if it makes sense to do it :)

I want bonus items to have a lot of them, both of which will disturb rather than help.

Now aliens have one constant speed. But they will finally will be weaker at first, and depending on how high the level number is, their statistics will increase.
zzo38

Post by zzo38 »

It is good but perhaps should change:
  • Add a file with explanations in English what all of the objects are meaning, and what are the rules of the game.
  • Add a time limit.
  • If you shoot and miss, then perhaps should be a penalty 1 point.
  • Add a bonus scoring for time and hit points after each level is completed.
I don't think one alien is too much stronger; I think it is OK as stronger as it is. Perhaps stuff listed above should be added, though. I don't dislike the invulnerability either; I think it is OK. And I think it is not so wrong to let aliens move around after hurt even if the player cannot; I think is good how it is.
(Free Hero Mesh - FOSS puzzle game engine)
lancuster

Post by lancuster »

Not bad at first glance, but something needs to change.
You need to add a continues, pause feature to the game, as well as implement a 2 players game mode, as it was in Cybroitek Double Revenge.
And it would have looked better in the English language.

P.S.: By the way, if you take a life with 4 lives, they don't count.
sdm2

Post by sdm2 »

It will be possible to have more lives or I will do so that when we have the full number of lives, collecting another one will add a special point bonus.
lancuster

Post by lancuster »

Check out my hack of this game, stylized as Battle City:
kosmity atakujo (Battle City graphics).nes
(128.02 KiB) Downloaded 385 times
lancuster

Post by lancuster »

Updated hack of Kosmity Atakujo, stylized as Battle City:
Tanks Attacks! (Kosmity Atakujo Hack)-0.png
Tanks Attacks! (Kosmity Atakujo Hack)-0.png (1.57 KiB) Viewed 11198 times
Tanks Attacks! (Kosmity Atakujo Hack).nes
(128.02 KiB) Downloaded 370 times
dink

Post by dink »

sdm2, this is a fun little game, thank you for sharing:) It kinda reminds me of "pirate ship higemaru" (arcade game), but, shooting instead of throwing :)
sdm2

Post by sdm2 »

A slightly different concept of the game - one open map. Destroyed walls, opponents, items collected are remembered on each screen.
I don't have much idea for the gameplay yet, but possible all screens will be randomly generated etc.

Open Map Gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5Zm203CXhM

Attachments
kosmity_atakujo_openmap.nes
fix
(512.02 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
kosmityopen.jpg
Last edited by sdm2 on Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
dink

Post by dink »

I like the new look :)
lancuster

Post by lancuster »

sdm2, the game has become noticeably more difficult. It is necessary to replace the graphical display of lives with an icon with a number to the right of it, allow collecting more than 5 lives and change the appearance of enemies so that they cant appear in the wall close to the player, in order to avoid instant kill.
You should also add a pause in-game and exit to the title page after "game over" screen.
sdm2

Post by sdm2 »

It's an early version, I'm still improving something, so we'll see if anything comes out of it. It is possible that it will be a different game than originally.
Using this engine I made a platform game - graphics with some changes I used from the game "Magical Taruruuto Kun".
Attachments
MAPA small 900px.jpg
platfgametest.jpg
Last edited by sdm2 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:24 am, edited 11 times in total.
Pokun

Post by Pokun »

You seldom seem to initialize the memory in your games. This last one is especially bad as both sprites and backgrounds are randomly corrupt.

Here is the title screen scrolling up with lots of garbage on screen.