Hell x Machina

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

haseeb_heaven

Re: My Untitled Platformer

Post by haseeb_heaven »

Are you in support for development of 1BPP (1 Bits per pixel) ?
Game feels good animations also works fine , can't wait to test full game :)
wonder

Re: My Untitled Platformer

Post by wonder »

haseeb_heaven wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:45 pm Are you in support for development of 1BPP (1 Bits per pixel) ?
Game feels good animations also works fine , can't wait to test full game :)
Thanks!! I didn't quite understand your question, but I'm in support of every kind of NES games. :)

Anyway, so I finally came up with a name: Hell X Machina
This project has been dormant for a few months, but I'm slowly coming back to it.

I've also polished the existing demo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16YEUSv ... JOAB0X20is
dink

Re: Hell X Machina

Post by dink »

Tried your latest demo - very nice, I like the character style and map (so far) :)
Wouldn't mind atall to see this one finished!!

keep up the good work,
best regards,
- dink
lancuster

Post by lancuster »

In this demo, there is a bug: if you jump over the blocks on the left side of the screen, the character will get lost behind the screen.
wonder

Post by wonder »

dink wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:49 am Tried your latest demo - very nice, I like the character style and map (so far) :)
Wouldn't mind atall to see this one finished!!

keep up the good work,
best regards,
- dink
Thank you so much for trying it out!!
lancuster wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:56 am In this demo, there is a bug: if you jump over the blocks on the left side of the screen, the character will get lost behind the screen.
Ah yes, I forgot to mention it! It's not really a bug, more like a missing feature... :D I haven't quite decided yet if I should use solid invisible tiles or explicit edge-of-map detection. I'll probably go with invisible tiles, so I won't have to add more code to collision detection (which is already CPU intensive). Will be fixed next time... :wink:
lancuster

Post by lancuster »

wonder wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:13 pm Ah yes, I forgot to mention it! It's not really a bug, more like a missing feature... :D I haven't quite decided yet if I should use solid invisible tiles or explicit edge-of-map detection. I'll probably go with invisible tiles, so I won't have to add more code to collision detection (which is already CPU intensive). Will be fixed next time... :wink:
I noticed that you use an open tile map with attributes after it.
I recommend you to use NES Big Nametable Editor for more comfortable map editing: https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1584/