little things

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

tepples

little things

Post by tepples »

I've been in this scene for about 2 decades. I managed to dig up source code for a lot of the one-off ROMs that I've made over this time, get them building on a modern *n?x OS (without any steps on MS-DOS), make the minimal changes to get them working correctly on hardware or in a modern emulator, and collect them as exhibits in a repository. Most everything from 2007 and later builds in ca65; for the x816 projects, I had JRoatch help me use ASM6 as a substitute for x816.

little things
October 2020 release on GitHub
Attachments
little-things-nes-src-20.10.zip
(1.73 MiB) Downloaded 140 times
little-things-nes-20.10.zip
(259.5 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
kikutano

Re: little things

Post by kikutano »

Amazing resources! Thanks!
yaros

Post by yaros »

Hey tepples. I found that some folders are empty. tutorial-2008 only has *.md file so as anti-diskdude. I didn't check all the folder yet..
tepples

Post by tepples »

I acknowledge the deficiency that a minority of exhibits aren't built to executables for various reasons. Feel free to file issues about specific exhibits so we can discuss how to proceed.
  • The anti-DiskDude tool is written in C to be run on a PC, yet not all PCs run the same operating system. If you know how to cross-compile hosted on Debian or Ubuntu for Windows, Linux, and macOS on all supported instruction sets, let me know.
  • The binary distribution assumes the use of makefiles. The 2008 tutorial is built in batch files because at the time the piece was created, I didn't see much value in a build system for use by novices hosted on anything but Windows. My journey to full-time use of Linux began in fourth quarter 2008 when I bought my first netbook.