Alwa's Awakening

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

rainwarrior

Alwa's Awakening

Post by rainwarrior »

Alwa's Awakening is a 2017 adventure game by Elden Pixels. It was originally conceived as a game for NES, but changed direction and was completed as a game for modern systems. However, it always kept close to the style of NES games, and they've decided it should finally be brought to this system. So... I am now working with them on an NES port of Alwa's Awakening!

https://eldenpixels.com/alwas-awakening-nes/

There's links and information at the website above, and for anyone who's interested in trying it out as it's being developed you can sign up for the public beta mailing list. There's also the Elden Pixels discord for discussion, or if you'd like to comment or discuss here feel free.
dink

Re: Alwa's Awakening

Post by dink »

Looks great, ooo I love boss fights - is that a boss fight: ShrineOfSeaMonk (pic) ?
nesrocks

Post by nesrocks »

Hahha cool! I was one of the people to recommend you to them :) Looking forward to it!! :beer: :beer:
https://twitter.com/bitinkstudios <- Follow me on twitter! Thanks!
https://www.patreon.com/bitinkstudios <- Support me on Patreon!
Banshaku

Post by Banshaku »

Congratulation on the project.

How big is the scope? Will you re-use the lizard engine in some way (or some code, I guess)?
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

The scope of the game is not reduced at all from the original, aside from the rooms being redesigned for 4:3. We are adding some new NES-exclusive content as well.

If I reuse anything from Lizard it would probably be its music engine, but that decision is waiting until I am working on sound. Otherwise there really isn't much that I think would be useful to carry over. The amount of "generic" code in an NES game is very small IMHO. If I really wanted to reuse a lot of code from Lizard I'd have to reuse a lot of its fundamental design decisions too.
Yolt1

Post by Yolt1 »

rainwarrior wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:33 pm We are adding some new NES-exclusive content as well.
Well, i guess I'll have to run through it again then...

alwanes.jpg
Hehe, look what just arrived in the mail ^^

Thank you Elden Pixels for bringing such great games (the 2 on Switch) and to RainWarrior for the great job.
Keep up the good work !