Super Bat Puncher

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

miau

Super Bat Puncher

Post by miau »

Hey guys, I'm happy to announce the demo of my new homebrew platformer has been released.
Check it out!

I'd like to thank the community for all the interesting forum topics and helpful documentation. This would not have been possible without you.
Wave

Post by Wave »

I've only checked the video because I'm at work but it seems amazing!
Bregalad

Post by Bregalad »

It's cool that eventually a homebrew that looks very good and professional is released !!
Did you submit it as an entry to that contest ?
I hope the final version will be available for free once the contest results will be out.
Useless, lumbering half-wits don't scare us.
miau

Post by miau »

Thanks!

Just submitted it to the contest.

Unfortunately, the full version will take a while to be finished. I'd like to provide a free rom download of it eventually while maybe adding some bonus content to a possible cartridge version.
oRBIT2002

Post by oRBIT2002 »

Wow! That was very impressive stuff! Congratulations dude! :)
koitsu

Post by koitsu »

Holy crap! Very very nice, and a VERY good music track to boot. Consider me impressed. Awesome. :D
qbradq

Post by qbradq »

:shock:

Holy living mother! This thing is great! Congrats on such a well done demo!

You can really see the attention to detail on this game!
Shiru

Post by Shiru »

I don't like it. It is too good.

j/k
Banshaku

Post by Banshaku »

I just started to watch the video and it looks great. Will try the demo later.

edit:

and it looks like an evolution of your previous demo. I remember some of the things (money, way of people talking) which are similar but now used in a different context. I think that kind of make your "trademark", not sure how to say that in english ;)

Edit2:

Removed remark regarding famicom thingy since it was mentioned on the webpage and didn't saw it (focused too much on the video!).
noattack

Post by noattack »

Beautiful. Great work!
TmEE

Post by TmEE »

That looks and sounds great :D

Only thing I wish is multi-directional punching, like in Rockin' Kats / Nyankies
EDIT: or this is going to be an upgrade ?
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

Impressive! The graphics are great, and everything looks very polished! I'll play it as soon as I get home (which, unfortunately, is not for another 7 hours...!).
Banshaku

Post by Banshaku »

I played a little bit and the play control is quite good. Like mentioned indirectly before, when seeing the glove it reminded me of Rocking cat too.

I like that it looks and play like a typical japanese game. The only thing that gives it out is: the music. The arpeggios, which is a specific european style, gives it out.
miau

Post by miau »

TmEE wrote: Only thing I wish is multi-directional punching, like in Rockin' Kats / Nyankies
EDIT: or this is going to be an upgrade ?
There's a a "pogo glove" upgrade of some sort planned... and it would make sense to have an upward punch, too. Not sure about diagonal punches, yet. Guess it wouldn't be bad to have either.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. It means a lot, especially when after playing the game once a day for a year you don't see anything but its flaws.

By the way, if you're looking for a challenge: Make sure you don't turn your NES off after the credits. :)
Banshaku

Post by Banshaku »

I finished the demo. It feels like it's the best homebrew demo I have ever played. It's not a one game screen and it scroll in all direction. Play control is great. The music is good (except for my bias against arpeggios).

As for the comment regarding a challenge after the credit, I didn't know what to do next so I closed the emulator. I just thought that is was the next step but not finished yet. I will try again to figure out what is that challenge.