Inversion Trailer

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

Denine

Inversion Trailer

Post by Denine »

(Note:the name of topic will be changed after release of the game.)

My new game for NES, Inversion, should be released in next two weeks.
Official YT trailer.
Any thoughts?

Edit:
It's out.Download it here.
Last edited by Denine on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tepples

Re: Inversion Trailer

Post by tepples »

Denine

Post by Denine »

Erm, no. It's not a remake\demake of any sort.
Title is just a Coincidence. Also, I never heard about the game before.
ccovell

Post by ccovell »

Looks nice! It is actually remarkably similar to a GameBoy game named "CaDa":

ImageImageImageImage

In CaDa, you have to reverse your polarity in order to pick up the right charged balls, and your polarity affects which springboxes, etc, you can use.
noattack

Post by noattack »

Reminds me of VVVVVV a bit. I like the monochromatic style, as well as your logo and music. Cool stuff.
tepples

Post by tepples »

Let's see: After MetalStorm, I Wanna Flip the Sky, and Streemerz, it appears eVVVVVVerybody loVVVVVVes this mechanic.
thefox

Post by thefox »

Looks like a mashup of several different game mechanics, cool!

Are there sound effects in the game, or did you cut them out of the video? For a trailer I made I recorded all the gameplay footage with music temporarily disabled and then mixed the sound effects with the music later.
Download STREEMERZ for NES from fauxgame.com! — Some other stuff I've done: fo.aspekt.fi
Denine

Post by Denine »

If this game was inspirated by something(unconsciously), it was by Alter Ego. I wanted to create as fun as Alter Ego where you can do "something"(back then, I had no idea what) limited times.
Looks like a mashup of several different game mechanics, cool!
Thanks! The trailer don't show everything, there's a little more ;)
Are there sound effects in the game, or did you cut them out of the video? For a trailer I made I recorded all the gameplay footage with music temporarily disabled and then mixed the sound effects with the music later.
At first, there was some (very) poor sound effects, but I decided to get rid of them. I broke music flow(no technicaly, I just sounded not so nice to break music so often with sound effect).
After that, I switched to Famitracker engine(I used FamiTone earlier).
In CaDa, you have to reverse your polarity in order to pick up the right charged balls, and your polarity affects which springboxes, etc, you can use.
Nevre played CaDa, but now I'm going to, thanks! :)
tepples

Post by tepples »

Denine wrote:At first, there was some (very) poor sound effects, but I decided to get rid of them. I broke music flow(no technicaly, I just sounded not so nice to break music so often with sound effect).
Then perhaps what you need to do is limit your music to triangle and pulse 2 channels, using pulse 1 only for easily missed effects such as 2-channel echo. Then you can do like Super Mario Galaxy does with some of its sound effects: change the notes to fit the current chord. Or you can do like Lumines and Meteos: delay certain sound effects until the next eighth note so that they sound like part of the music.
ccovell wrote:In CaDa, you have to reverse your polarity in order to pick up the right charged balls, and your polarity affects which springboxes, etc, you can use.
So like Ikaruga if it were a platformer instead of a bullet hell shooter.

Why do I mention other games that use similar elements? One advantage of being aware of these other games is that if you can show that these elements are tropes, rather than something distinctive to one game, you're less likely to get sued for copying too much.
Denine

Post by Denine »

Thanks for suggestions, tepples. I may try to do something with sound effects, if there's enough time after tests.
Why do I mention other games that use similar elements? One advantage of being aware of these other games is that if you can show that these elements are tropes, rather than something distinctive to one game, you're less likely to get sued for copying too much.
Yeah, thanks :D I was ignorant to think that I thought totally original concept for a game. It's really hard nowadays.
thefox

Post by thefox »

Wasn't this supposed to be released already? :)
Download STREEMERZ for NES from fauxgame.com! — Some other stuff I've done: fo.aspekt.fi
Denine

Post by Denine »

Yes, but unfortunely, one guy chenged his mind about permission to use his music in the game(2 files, actualy). He gave me no excuse why.
I have already found another one. However, he send me a extra, third, music file and said that if I find it interesting, then I can use it in the game.
The thing is...I really like it! So I decided to delay release of the game(which was already too late) and add extra world with extra music.
I need to..."make" some space by opimizing the code, and optimizing data. I love this stuff.
So, if anywaone's still interested...I guess the new release date is somewhere near christmas.

Sorry about all this, but it really is not my fault :|
I really belived that Inversion can get released at 06.12.
GradualGames

Post by GradualGames »

Cool! I liked the video. The music was great!I like the idea for the game mechanics. Looking forward to trying it.
Kojote

Post by Kojote »

I hope you are still working on the game :)
Kojote
http://www.pdroms.de - Homebrew news for consoles & handelds
http://www.retroguru.com - Retroguru Game Development
http://www.speckdrumm.org - Speckdrumm - Austrian Demogroup
http://www.retromagazine.eu - Retro - German Retrogaming Print-Magazine
Denine

Post by Denine »

Long time no posting here :D
I just got a message from Zelex-Inversion is from now on EMUya.
It can be exclusively played there completely for free.
ROM will be released to the internet later-15.07.2013 at "Famicon 5" event. But for now, it's exclusive for EMUya.

Have fun, EMUya players. :)