PCE Turbografx + cc65

Discussion of development of software for any "obsolete" computer or video game system. See the WSdev wiki and ObscureDev wiki for more information on certain platforms.
diskoboy

PCE Turbografx + cc65

Post by diskoboy »

Hi guys, I'm looking for a wizard who would explain to me why my PCE test code for the cc65 is not working. All the examples I could google for this console were made for other compilers, so I had to configure the cc65 project myself, so, maybe I messed up somewhere in the config or code, if anyone finds the reason, I would really appreciate it.
The code starts from the "_init" label (crt0.s). This code assumes that it initializes the video processor, clears the screen, loads the font, and displays a character string. But on startup, only garbage is shown on the screen. It looks like the font is loading correctly, but I still can't work with the "name table" just like NES.

UPD. It is not necessary to edit my sources, btw I would be glad to have any working "helloworld" example for this compiler.
Attachments
pce65.zip
(230.63 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
diskoboy

Re: PCE Turbografx + cc65

Post by diskoboy »

Oh yeah, I did it! I found everything I needed in the compiler package. Perhaps it will be useful to someone.
Attachments
Снимок.PNG
pce_helloworld.zip
(240.55 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
turboxray

Post by turboxray »

Any particular reason not to use the latest builds of HuC over CC65 for PCE?
diskoboy

Post by diskoboy »

turboxray wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:56 pm Any particular reason not to use the latest builds of HuC over CC65 for PCE?
Old bad habits.
Also, if you have cc65 projects for the NES, it would be fun to port them to the PCE using the same compiler.