All Night Nippon FDS to NES conversion?

A place that you can discuss reproduction of classic titles or "licensed-for-reproduction" homebrew for personal use.

Moderators: B00daW, Moderators

Forum rules
1. NO BLATANT PIRACY. This includes reproducing homebrew less than 10 years old, with the exception of free software.
2. No advertising your reproductions, with the exception of free software.
3. Be nice. See RFC 1855 if you aren't sure what this means.
nintendo2600

All Night Nippon FDS to NES conversion?

Post by nintendo2600 »

Hey All,

I was looking around for the ANN conversion from the FDS and all I found
was a poorly hacked SMB 1 without any of the major changes like
the end screen or level swaps from SMB 2j. Anyone know of a patch?

Thanks,

Shawn
nintendo2600

Re: All Night Nippon FDS to NES conversion?

Post by nintendo2600 »

I found another thread on the forum where work was previously done on a mapper 4 conversion but
it doesn't mention the base binary that it's using. It just says "apply to SMB file". Some speculated it was
to be used on top of loopy's old SMB2j patched rom but I tried that and it doesn't work.

Does anyone who followed along with that thread (or was participating on the other forum it started on) know
what the base binary was that the v.8 patch to mmc3 was made for? While it did switch to mapper 159 with
version .9, the .8 version was still mapper 4 and I'd be more than happy to get that version going to play with
on real hardware. It's a hell of a lot easier to put together a mapper 4 cart than a mapper 159. I have
a Tetris 2 pcb that is just begging to become All Night Nippon instead :)

Link to relevant thread:

http://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21299

Thanks.
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

You mean mapper 195, which is MMC3 with both CHR ROM and CHR RAM. Mapper 159 is something entirely different.
nintendo2600

Post by nintendo2600 »

lidnariq wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:14 pm You mean mapper 195, which is MMC3 with both CHR ROM and CHR RAM. Mapper 159 is something entirely different.
Yes 195 sorry. Typo on my part. I'm looking for the mapper 4 version though. The one that the .8 patch was built towards.
The thread didn't say what the base rom was that it was to be applied to. I'm looking to find out what it is.