CNROM + 32 Pin Eprom Wiring??

A place that you can discuss reproduction of classic titles or "licensed-for-reproduction" homebrew for personal use.

Moderators: B00daW, Moderators

Forum rules
1. NO BLATANT PIRACY. This includes reproducing homebrew less than 10 years old, with the exception of free software.
2. No advertising your reproductions, with the exception of free software.
3. Be nice. See RFC 1855 if you aren't sure what this means.
Tormenter

CNROM + 32 Pin Eprom Wiring??

Post by Tormenter »

I have a game that requires CNROM to be put into a cart. The thing is, the game is 128k prg/chr. CNROM only takes 28 pin chips. Is there an alternative wiring diagram for this that is not on the site here? Thanks!
tepples

Post by tepples »

PRG on CNROM and its clones is only 32 KiB, and CHR on official CNROM is no larger than 32 KiB.
Tormenter

Post by Tormenter »

What I mean is, the PRG and CHR of the game I want to put onto a cart are 128k (actual file size) each.

There is not a 28 pin Eprom that will take this size of file, and CNROM games are 28 pin.

So I was wondering, is there a way to hook up the 32 pin chips to the CNROM board, Kinda like the UNROM does (it leaves pins 1, 2, 31, 32 not connected to the board, but wired elsewhere)
tepples

Post by tepples »

Tormenter wrote:What I mean is, the PRG and CHR of the game I want to put onto a cart are 128k (actual file size) each.
Then the game is not for CNROM. Is it that your copy of the game has a bad header, and your emulator is auto-correcting it by CRC?
Tormenter

Post by Tormenter »

tepples wrote:
Tormenter wrote:What I mean is, the PRG and CHR of the game I want to put onto a cart are 128k (actual file size) each.
Then the game is not for CNROM. Is it that your copy of the game has a bad header, and your emulator is auto-correcting it by CRC?
Not sure, it is the Splatterhouse game, said it was Memory Mapper: 3-Vrom
tepples

Post by tepples »

What says Splatterhouse is "VROM Switch"? Nesticle?
peppers

Post by peppers »

Splatterhouse is the Nano106 mapper with 128k PRG & CHR there are onley about 10 games (or maybe 26 unsure) that use it all are famicom. Your CNROM board cannot support it
coinheaven

Post by coinheaven »

i thought it was a CNROM at first as well. use nestopia and hit the view then image info option and it will show you that it is mapper 19. cajones doesnt work all the time.