It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

1. NO BLATANT PIRACY. This includes reproducing homebrew less than 10 years old, with the exception of free software.
2. No advertising your reproductions, with the exception of free software.
3. Be nice. See RFC 1855 if you aren't sure what this means.

Post subject: MMC3 EPROM cart
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:58 pm 

Last night I wired up a NES-TSROM board to work with EPROM's. Checked it for shorts, made sure connections were good, etc. Then I popped in Mega Man 3. Program was running fine, but background graphics were garbled. Sprites for the most part were fine. I thought maybe it was a bad burn so I popped in set for Mario 3. It ran perfectly. So I took those back out and put back in the Mega Man 3 ones (which I re-verified) and it was same story with messed up backgrounds. Now the weirdest part, I put the Mario 3 set back in and now that has garbled background gfx :? So I took it back to the bench and check and rechecked all the connections, made sure I had the pinouts right, but I find no problems. Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:03 pm 
I never did figure out what exactly was wrong, something must have been shorted and not connected right, but I just redid the whole CHR ROM part and now it works great :shock: So problem solved.