It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:17 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:37 pm 

Maybe I'm just confused but, mapper 22 is supposed to be VRC2a and according to the wiki, "VRC2 supports only vertical or horizontal mirroring. Bit 1 is ignored.". This is what I have implemented, but the mapper 22 test complains about 1-screen mirroring not being available? And your FCEUX screenshot says mapper 22 = VRC4?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:41 pm 

Attached is my modification of Nintendulator's Mapper DLL source file that passes all of AWJ's submapper identification tests. The only complaint the ROM still has is that the pseudo-scanline IRQ is "late". Edit: Error fixed, thanks to AWJ.
Sour wrote:
This is what I have implemented, but the mapper 22 test complains about 1-screen mirroring not being available?
I noticed when I tested with my test ROMs that Mesen seems to emulate the IRQ even with VRC2 submappers. So if you emulate the IRQ, the test ROM may think it's dealing with a VRC4 and hence complain about the missing one-screen mirroring.

Attachments:
vrc2and4.cpp [7.14 KiB]
Downloaded 17 times

Last edited by NewRisingSun on Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:56 pm 

NewRisingSun wrote:
I noticed when I tested with my test ROMs that Mesen seems to emulate the IRQ even with VRC2 submappers. So if you emulate the IRQ, the test ROM may think it's dealing with a VRC4 and hence complain about the missing one-screen mirroring.
And you would be absolutely correct! Thanks, between disabling IRQs for VRC2 & disabling 1-screen mirroring for VRC2c, all the tests pass now.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:04 pm 

NewRisingSun wrote:
Attached is my modification of Nintendulator's Mapper DLL source file that passes all of AWJ's submapper identification tests. The only complaint the ROM still has is that the pseudo-scanline IRQ is "late".

It looks like you were working from an outdated version of Quietust's sources. Recently (meaning a couple months ago when I was last working on this) I pointed out an off-by-one error to quietust which he fixed, but the error is back in your version.

Code:
((IRQenabled & 2) && ((IRQenabled & 4) || ((IRQcycles -= 3) < 0)))

< 0 should be <= 0.

Sour wrote:
And your FCEUX screenshot says mapper 22 = VRC4?

The screenshots at the top of the thread were taken before I had finished writing the IRQ tests. Under FCEUX, the complete test program displays "???" (unknown/inconsistent) for mapper 22 since it (correctly) doesn't implement IRQs but it does implement one-screen mirroring and alternate PRG bank layout for that mapper.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:34 am 

AWJ wrote:
It looks like you were working from an outdated version of Quietust's sources.
Ah. Thanks for pointing this out. Now vrc2and4.cpp passes all tests.

I have updated my local copy of all mapper sources and replaced the vrc2and4.cpp in the post above.