9-in-1 King001 (Unl) [U][!]

Discuss emulation of the Nintendo Entertainment System and Famicom.

Moderator: Moderators

NewRisingSun

9-in-1 King001 (Unl) [U][!]

Post by NewRisingSun »

If someone has this multicart:
9-in-1 King001 (Unl) [U][!].png
9-in-1 King001 (Unl) [U][!].png (2.47 KiB) Viewed 3266 times
as an original cartridge, could that person please play The Lion King until the first boss is defeated and tell me if the game freezes at that point?

Of the emulators that I have tried, only FCEUX and Nestopia Plus even run this ROM image at all (.UNF format). FCEUX freezes after the "The Pridelands" screen because it decodes the CPU address too restrictively. Nestopia Plus runs the game until the first boss is defeated, then freezes.

I can get as far as Nestopia Plus by implementing the board in Nintendulator as I described. After the first boss is defeated, the game basically hashes a section of PRG-ROM to check against hackers having modified the game (code executed in RAM at $0682). Since that checksum does not match the expected value in Nestopia Plus' and my emulation, the game freezes on purpose. While I cannot rule out that we both just still get the bankswitching slightly wrong (even though everything else works fine), I have a hunch that the game was modified for multicart inclusion without the expected checksum being adjusted, and the multicart manufacturer did not notice because one has to play the game a bit to notice it.
zxbdragon

Re: 9-in-1 King001 (Unl) [U][!]

Post by zxbdragon »

Plus
case 0x5000: exRegs[0]=data; Mmc3::UpdatePrg(); break;
case 0x5001: exRegs[1]=data; Mmc3::UpdatePrg();Mmc3::UpdateChr(); break;
case 0x5007: exRegs[2]=data; break;
case 0x5010: exRegs[0] = data; Mmc3::UpdatePrg(); break;//Fixed: 9in1 LION KING HANGS!....
.... I not test full game.sorry

first hangs, hardware is not hangs.
this hangs, To confirm,cah4e3