games that depend on dmc irq?

Discuss emulation of the Nintendo Entertainment System and Famicom.

Moderator: Moderators

calima

Re: games that depend on dmc irq?

Post by calima »

Delete post, ban user, IP ban user, ban user email. Leave a reply saying you deleted the post. Don't touch replies.
Quietust

Post by Quietust »

In general, I'm fine with my replies being deleted because they're no longer relevant to the thread (and were never relevant to its original topic).

In this particular case, every post to the thread after the spammer was in reply to it, so the whole thread should just be split off from that point.
Quietust, QMT Productions
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

calima wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:40 am Delete post, ban user, IP ban user, ban user email. Leave a reply saying you deleted the post. Don't touch replies.
In this case, Quietust quoted the original spam in its entirety. Additionally, all the posts after the spam are off-topic for the thread. What purpose does deleting the post serve?
User is already banned
Because of misconfiguration by WhoaMan, we can't ban the IP. (Yes, I know, but 'getting a more responsive hoster' mostly requires someone else stepping up)
Only Tepples and Memblers have permission to look at account emails to know how to ban the email. I think it's correct that I don't.
calima

Post by calima »

OT is standard practise. Deleting the post serves the purpose of leaving no direct trace of the spammer.
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

Split topic to somewhere else. That's the usual way to deal with derailed threads.
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!