any way to add vt03 bin support to any nes emulator?

Discuss emulation of the Nintendo Entertainment System and Famicom.

Moderator: Moderators

kelvin donna

any way to add vt03 bin support to any nes emulator?

Post by kelvin donna »

since emuvt is just nesterj with vt03, i would wonder, if you could add that vt03 support to other nes emulators, such as pocketnes or fceux.
i'd be happy, if that is possible.
Fiskbit

Re: any way to add vt03 bin support to any nes emulator?

Post by Fiskbit »

It is possible. How long do you expect it to take you?
kelvin donna

Post by kelvin donna »

Fiskbit wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:49 am How long do you expect it to take you?
what do you mean with that?
Fiskbit

Post by Fiskbit »

You seem very excited about emulation of vt0x devices, but have mostly been asking others to do the work. That sort of excitement can take you very far if you choose to take on these sorts of projects yourself.
kelvin donna

Post by kelvin donna »

Fiskbit wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:56 am You seem very excited about emulation of vt0x devices, but have mostly been asking others to do the work. That sort of excitement can take you very far if you choose to take on these sorts of projects yourself.
but i don't have that super intelligence to do this project myself.
Fiskbit

Post by Fiskbit »

Generally, in order for people to do a project like this, they either need to be very interested in it or be paid enough money. The people with the skills necessary to do this work tend to have more things they are excited to work on than they have time for.

Repeatedly asking people to work on things like this isn't going to get it done. You may not have the skills now, but you could try to learn so you can do this and other things that interest you. It takes time, but all good things do.
kelvin donna

Post by kelvin donna »

Fiskbit wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:14 am Generally, in order for people to do a project like this, they either need to be very interested in it or be paid enough money. The people with the skills necessary to do this work tend to have more things they are excited to work on than they have time for.

Repeatedly asking people to work on things like this isn't going to get it done. You may not have the skills now, but you could try to learn so you can do this and other things that interest you. It takes time, but all good things do.
here is one project i made:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=21872
but i have no idea, which bytes i need to change to make the game work on regular nes.
that is all, what i want. some advice on making the game work.
Ben Boldt

Post by Ben Boldt »

You should think about going to college or a tech school for computer science. That will teach you everything you need for these types of projects, and you can get paid a lot of money to do it for a living! You don’t have to be super smart to learn a new language. It is the same reason you don’t need to be super smart to be a computer programmer.
kelvin donna

Post by kelvin donna »

Ben Boldt wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:08 pm You should think about going to college or a tech school for computer science. That will teach you everything you need for these types of projects, and you can get paid a lot of money to do it for a living! You don’t have to be super smart to learn a new language. It is the same reason you don’t need to be super smart to be a computer programmer.
hey! i am actually an expert with hex editors! :D
but i would call for advice on, which bits to change to make the vt game work on standard nes.