NESICIDE

Discuss emulation of the Nintendo Entertainment System and Famicom.

Moderator: Moderators

cpow
NESICIDE developer

Re: NESICIDE

Post by cpow »

v2.0.0 is out. This includes Windows, Linux, and OSX distributions. For the meanwhile they are temporarily stored on my server until I can get Travis/AppVeyor configured properly.

Download

As for features, not much new. Just getting back into it a bit. I have plans for a few things:

1. Better support for VICE C=64 integration. Loading/debugging via D64 disk images. Less 'buggy' remote monitor integration.
2. Solution-esque setup a la MSVS with multiple projects per solution.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

This comes up when you try to run the program:
printsupport.PNG
printsupport.PNG (8.88 KiB) Viewed 7629 times
I tried stealing the DLL from my Dropbox installation, but I think it's a different version, it gives me another error regarding the entry point to a procedure.
cpow
NESICIDE developer

Post by cpow »

Sumez wrote:This comes up when you try to run the program:
printsupport.PNG
I tried stealing the DLL from my Dropbox installation, but I think it's a different version, it gives me another error regarding the entry point to a procedure.
Strange that windeployqt didn't pick that up. Hmmm.
cpow
NESICIDE developer

Post by cpow »

Sumez wrote:...
Try now. (Same link...)
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Seems to be working :) I'll let you know if I run into any other issues.

For the record, the emulator is as slow as it's always been (if not even slower?). I don't know what the issue is, but I'm getting the assumption that you prefer working with the Linux version yourself, so the problem could be specific to Windows :)
cpow
NESICIDE developer

Post by cpow »

Sumez wrote:Seems to be working :) I'll let you know if I run into any other issues.

For the record, the emulator is as slow as it's always been (if not even slower?). I don't know what the issue is, but I'm getting the assumption that you prefer working with the Linux version yourself, so the problem could be specific to Windows :)
What are your machine specs? I'll try on my native Win7 sometime today.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Windows 8 64-bit on a laptop computer with a 1.90GHz Radeon R6.
cpow
NESICIDE developer

Post by cpow »

Sumez wrote:Windows 8 64-bit on a laptop computer with a 1.90GHz Radeon R6.
Strange. It works fine with debugging enabled at update on pause on my Win7 laptop.
8GB RAM, dual i5 @2.6GHz
I know my emu isn't snappy especially when it's being debug-inspected more often than just "update on pause" but it should at least work without audio artifacts on a reasonable computer.
I wonder if it's a Windows 7/8 thing? Do you have access to any other Windows machines you can try it on? I'll check my work computer but even that is still Win7.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I've been using it on a Windows 10 computer with the same issue, but that's it. I'll see if I can find Windows 7 somewhere to see if it makes a difference.
As for audio artifacts, that's actually a big issue too :P It keeps making a clicking noise, but I always figured that's related.