Streemerz bundle

Moderator: Moderators

slobu

Re: Streemerz bundle

Post by slobu »

From an outsiders perspective I think Streemerz Bundle works just fine for a title. Someday we might want to collaborate on a true Action 52-like mini game compilation.
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

I like tepples' crazy long name.
infiniteneslives

Post by infiniteneslives »

tepples wrote:The current title screen says "STREEMERZ: Action 53 Function 16 Volume One".
That cool with me, I just know thefox had some objections of focusing on the name STREEMERZ to name confusion if he were to release streemerz individually in the future.

It is a little long, but I guess the "STREEMERZ: Action 53" could be the larger font and "Function 16 Volume One" (or abbr "func. 16, vol. I") could be in smaller font to leave room for graphics. Then just have "STREEMERZ: Action 53" as the label visible from the top edge?

As for the CIC, I've tested jim's cool latest build and verified a decent number of chips to be working on NSTC. He still wants to clean some things up, but this is effectively no longer a road block to release. One item that may need to be done though is verification on non-NTSC systems.

So if we can convince someone to make a decent label we'll be good! If things get desparate I'll try my hand at it drawing something up...

For cases, do we have any requests for color? Clear to match action52? or purple to match 'nesdev color'? Others? (assuming we have a choice in the matter...)
If you're gonna play the Game Boy, you gotta learn to play it right. -Kenny Rogers
NESHomebrew
Formerly WhatULive4

Post by NESHomebrew »

May be a little late, but was Snail-Maze by Roth considered? Seems like it would be a good addition.

http://slydogstudios.org/index.php/snail-maze-game/
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8690
thefox

Post by thefox »

infiniteneslives wrote:
tepples wrote:The current title screen says "STREEMERZ: Action 53 Function 16 Volume One".
That cool with me, I just know thefox had some objections of focusing on the name STREEMERZ to name confusion if he were to release streemerz individually in the future.
I'm OK with that name. And I sent the multicart build of version 02 off to tepples.
Download STREEMERZ for NES from fauxgame.com! — Some other stuff I've done: fo.aspekt.fi
tepples

Post by tepples »

In which case beta 4 is ready for us to bang on.

Again, PowerPak users should use MAP1C, and Windows users should use a recent version of FCEUX or NESICIDE Emulator or an interim version of BizHawk or Nintendulator.

Changes from beta 3:
  • Title screen: Compilation publication date updated to 2013
  • Streemerz: Quit option in main menu
  • Streemerz: Death animation in Dr. Tary's campaign fixed
Attachments
Streemerz_bundle_b4.nes.zip
(246.86 KiB) Downloaded 479 times
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

How about a new standalone version of Streemerz?
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
tepples

Post by tepples »

Dwedit wrote:How about a new standalone version of Streemerz?
I'm waiting for thefox to put that out himself in case he comes up with some last-minute fixes. I imagine he doesn't want several publicly distributed standalone versions cluttering up GoodNES.
thefox

Post by thefox »

tepples wrote:
Dwedit wrote:How about a new standalone version of Streemerz?
I'm waiting for thefox to put that out himself in case he comes up with some last-minute fixes. I imagine he doesn't want several publicly distributed standalone versions cluttering up GoodNES.
Yeah, please nobody rip the new version out of the multicart ROM (or at least release it). :) v02 release should be out in the next couple of weeks.

I noticed a slight problem with the QUIT option. Since the menu doesn't seem to be using the part of the memory that STREEMERZ uses for reset persistent data, the QUIT option is pre-selected when STREEMERZ is re-opened after quitting. Possible fixes would be for me to invalidate the reset signature when QUIT is selected, or for you to clear/trash memory before a game is started.
Download STREEMERZ for NES from fauxgame.com! — Some other stuff I've done: fo.aspekt.fi
tepples

Post by tepples »

It'd be kind of hard for the menu to clear RAM because various trampolines used for inter-bank communication (loading screenshots and CHR ROM data and starting a game) run from RAM. Perhaps you could invalidate this signature yourself before running the quit code I gave you.
zzo38

Post by zzo38 »

thefox wrote:Yeah, please nobody rip the new version out of the multicart ROM (or at least release it). :) v02 release should be out in the next couple of weeks.
OK. I still want a standalone version but if you don't want me to release the standalone version that is OK. I still want the program to extract it from the combined file though, and it run.

And perhaps add a note into that game or in the README file of a game, to write that you don't want anyone to release the standalone file.
(Free Hero Mesh - FOSS puzzle game engine)
thefox

Post by thefox »

zzo38 wrote:And perhaps add a note into that game or in the README file of a game, to write that you don't want anyone to release the standalone file.
It's not the end of the world, I doubt that many people are interested in ripping out given that I'm going to release the real version in a week or two.
proveaux

Post by proveaux »

ZapPing standalone would be awesome too! :D
tepples

Post by tepples »

proveaux wrote:ZapPing standalone would be awesome too! :D
Exists.
proveaux

Post by proveaux »

I see another bundle, Zap Ruder, that it is in on that page... Well dang.
Cool game in any package.