Progress Thread - Lala the Magical

Moderator: Moderators

rainwarrior

Re: Progress Thread - Lala the Magical

Post by rainwarrior »

Ah, yes playing again I do see it mentioned in the cutscene. I think I must have accidentally pressed the button too fast or missed reading it somehow.
calima

Post by calima »

Before I forget: that one camping enemy, in the first level, that placement is evil. You can't avoid getting hit, the enemy hits you immediately when you jump up to that screen.
na_th_an

Post by na_th_an »

I know which one you mean. You can avoid it if you know it will be there in advance, but that seems unfair. I will move it. Thanks.
dougeff

Post by dougeff »

Noticed this interesting coincidence. From, what I assume, a much earlier version of the same game design.
Hmm.png
Hmm2.png

And also, the other Lala games on the same multicart.
nesdoug.com -- blog/tutorial on programming for the NES
na_th_an

Post by na_th_an »

It's an earlier version of Lala's map (which I still had laying somewhere, I never throw anything) with a different tileset we used to quickly build the joke game. There's a lot of reused / revamped / rescued from ditched material stuff in the multicart.

The original map was quite horrible, with lots of spots where rooms were connected very awkwardly. That's why I redid many sections for Lala. When my pal told me about doing a joke game about Sonic I just threw in the old version of the map.

---

Anyways, experiments aside, here's Lala with the debugging code removed.
Attachments
mojon-twins--lala-the-magical--1.1.nes
(64.02 KiB) Downloaded 628 times