My entry: The paths of Bridewell

Moderator: Moderators

zkip

Re: My entry: The paths of Bridewell

Post by zkip »

I usually do quite often after each "milestone". I, however, got "put in my place" so to speak by the results of the contest and how the game was received. So, I gutted out quite a bit of code to completely redo it and saw no use keeping the old seeing that at that time to me it was worthless. :mrgreen:
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

dustmop wrote:
Make backups.
Or use source control.
As soon as I learned about source control, it became a tool I can hardly do without.

In a few cases since where it wasn't an option, I've actually written a batch file to zip up the source code and copy to a backup location with a timestamp in the filename, to make periodic backups manually with a double click. (There are tools like rsync that could do this more effectively, but it was more about what was available already / easy to me at the time.)
M_Tee

Post by M_Tee »

What item(s) are acquired after the swimsuit?

EDIT: If anyone other than the OP has the answer, but is reluctant to post spoilers, please PM me.
Myask

Post by Myask »

PM'd. I'm not sure what the second chest item is either; the game doesn't explicitly name it…
M_Tee

Post by M_Tee »

Thanks.

I absolutely love the bat sprite in this game. It has so much charm and it's rare to see someone approach such a common trope (bat as minor enemy) in such a unique way. In fact, I included the claw game on the cover art solely to feature that very specific bat.
zkip

Post by zkip »

As much as I can recall, the second item is the ice skates which should have been required to make it past a few rooms containing the ice floors.

Also, thanks M_Tee, that really means a lot. I'm glad at least something of this game could be called interesting. :lol:
FrankenGraphics
Formerly WheelInventor

Post by FrankenGraphics »

I thought it was great that you could take the (cool looking) bats by surprise by stabbing or running by when you came from the left, but have to face them when you're backtracing for treasures and trinkets.

In a larger game, they might've had different configurations and mirrored looks to match for different directions of attention, but it worked perfectly in your design. :beer: