It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: Action 53 volume 3
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:03 am 

Edit:
I didn't send the final files (inserts for bitboxes and famicom cart labels) until mid-November. (materials for boxed copies all ready earlier though). I assumed infiniteneslives has been busy for holiday season, but sent a message. They'll likely chime in here soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:00 am 
Formerly WhatULive4

I'm going to say that things were pretty busy with the CAPCOM SFII release. "We designed, assembled, programmed, and tested all 5,500 of the circuit boards used for the limited edition Street Fighter II 30th Anniversary Cartridges."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:15 pm 

Hey guys,

Yeah sorry about the delays here. My initial goal was to get the contributor carts out by the end of November within a week or two after I got the final artwork items from M_Tee. I had some delays due to printer problems, which have since been resolved. But that pushed me to close to the holidays to get anything done by the end of the year like I was hoping for the release..

So at this point I've got all the physical items in hand for the release. NES & Famicom bitboxes were all aquired a few months back around the same time the traditional boxes & posters came in. I've had the first batch of boards assembled awaiting programming for even longer.

I've been slow to update my software tools to support flashing 1MB rom onto the boards with all the other distractions going on. But I've been making progress on that over the past week. Part of that was making my programmer capable of JTAG communications greatly simplifies the rom flashing process and speeds up board programming time with only one tool.

So anyway, I'm not fully complete with the software updates to flash the final rom onto the boards, but my goal is to finish that by the end of the week. I'd like to start flashing and testing boards over the weekend. That would allow contributor carts to get fully assembled and ready to ship as early as next week. I'll be busy before and after the weekend of PAX south the weekend of Jan 12th. So with all this, I think targeting Jan 22nd for a release date is within reach.

What's the status of the final rom? I know it's effectively been done for months, but is there a final copy ready to go assuming all goes well with final hardware testing?

The other item I could use help with is acquiring names, addresses, and email for all the contributors to get their contributor copy. I think NESHomebrew already has some of this.? Ideally this is something we should be asking for in the submission process, but need to be cognizant of people who might have a different address by the time carts ship.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:50 pm 

There's no rush, take your time :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:39 pm 
Formerly WhatULive4

I agree, no rush. If anything it would make more sense to get ready for retail copies when this years compo is released. That way, when attention is pushed towards the new releases, we can send people over to buy last years cartridge. Keep things viable in the future. As for names/addresses, I vaguely remember saying I would get them, but I can honestly say that I did not. I'll get on that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14