Action 53 v. 3 Packaging & Cover Art

Moderator: Moderators

tokumaru

Re: Action 53 v. 3 Packaging & Cover Art

Post by tokumaru »

Cool! That looks great! Congratulations on the awesome work!
pubby

Post by pubby »

Looks great!
mikejmoffitt

Post by mikejmoffitt »

This looks great! Can't wait for the cartridges.
infiniteneslives

Post by infiniteneslives »

Small update here things are continuing to move along. We're getting close to the end now as M-Tee has completed all the 72pin NES artwork and expecting 60pin FC artwork to be wrapped up soon as well.

I approved the poster proofs yesterday, made payment, and am expecting to pick them up next week. I've attached a photos.

I have the first batch of boards already assembled. So just need to print off the labels and get everything put together, once the posters are done there won't be anything out of my hands needed for the contributor carts and NES release.

I received the batch of sega/famicom bitboxes last week, and I also ordered precut famicom sheet labels so all the materials are in hand. M-Tee is planning to wrap up the famicom labels and bitbox inserts over the next couple weeks while I'm assembling the NES carts. So we're getting very close to release time! My goal is to ship contributor carts and release sales by the end of November so everything is up in time for holiday release.

My plan was to keep with the long standing tradition of clear NES cases for the contributor & limited edition copies. Contibutors can select 60pin option if they would prefer, but unfortunately I don't have much of a way to make it 'special' in physical form as I don't have clear famicom shells. I only have yellow, orange, and red famicom shells currently.

I figured we would continue with traditional grey NES cases for the regular edition release unless there's enough of an out cry for some other color let me know. Plan is to go with yellow for 60pin/famicom carts it's more of a bright yellow, than the golden 'FDS' yellow unfortunately.
Attachments
poster proof (poor lighting, and can never get nesdev to accept my rotated photos...)
poster proof (poor lighting, and can never get nesdev to accept my rotated photos...)
final traditional box with poster proof
final traditional box with poster proof
If you're gonna play the Game Boy, you gotta learn to play it right. -Kenny Rogers
NESHomebrew
Formerly WhatULive4

Post by NESHomebrew »

Looks amazing!
M_Tee

Post by M_Tee »

Side-by-side comparison of each reference in the cover art:
http://www.mteegfx.com/post/17408572617 ... -breakdown