Compo Entry coming soon: NNNNNN

Moderator: Moderators

drludos

Re: Compo Entry coming soon: NNNNNN

Post by drludos »

Woaw, impressive entry! Thanks for sharing.

The game is cool but sooo challenging! (my current record is 7 seconds, after many many deaths).
This is the kind of game best played in a party, perfect to make a tournament :).
What are the next steps / additions planed?

My only feedback would be to maybe try to lessen the difficulty at start, so beginners can hope to survive more than 2-3 seconds. I fear that it may discourage players to get kicked out so fast - maybe if they could reach at least 10 seconds before the game being brutal on them it would lessen this. But I reckon that it's a totally personal and biased opinion :).

Regarding compo entries, and if everything goes right, I should submit something for this year too (I have nothing to show for now, but I'll make a post too whenever I have a playable build).
Download ROMs of my games: https://drludos.itch.io/
Support my work and get access to beta and prototypes: https://www.patreon.com/drludos
Fei

Post by Fei »

Hi,

I love your game.
Maybe my future favorite for multiplayers NES sessions with Micro Mages, Super Russian Roulette and Nothing Good Can Come Of This <3

My actual record is 9"07 but I can do better !!
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2019-12-10 à 23.13.47.png
gauauu

Post by gauauu »

drludos wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:24 pm Woaw, impressive entry! Thanks for sharing.

The game is cool but sooo challenging! (my current record is 7 seconds, after many many deaths).
This is the kind of game best played in a party, perfect to make a tournament :).
What are the next steps / additions planed?

My only feedback would be to maybe try to lessen the difficulty at start, so beginners can hope to survive more than 2-3 seconds. I fear that it may discourage players to get kicked out so fast - maybe if they could reach at least 10 seconds before the game being brutal on them it would lessen this. But I reckon that it's a totally personal and biased opinion :).
I don't have any additions planned at the moment -- the goal was really to see if I could make something compelling in a short time span. I do like the idea of an easier mode though. I'll think about it :-)
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

Just run it at half speed. I made reasonably high scores (easily 20 seconds or more) when I set the emulator to run everything at half speed. I don't even think it'd be wrong to run the timer at half speed also.

... although I do wish the music remained at full speed.
tepples

Post by tepples »

Was this supposed to use 4-screen VRAM?
gauauu

Post by gauauu »

No, it was a bug in my iNes header, it only needs a single screen.