NES to SNES adapter

Discuss hardware-related topics, such as development cartridges, CopyNES, PowerPak, EPROMs, or whatever.

Moderator: Moderators

Erockbrox

NES to SNES adapter

Post by Erockbrox »

I'm aware of an NES to SNES adapter that has been utilized in such games as Sook-o-tron and NEScape.

Where can I buy just the adapter?

Also does everyone know how much potential is within this adapter. Technically you are able to make an NES game with additional action buttons. This in theory has the potential for all sorts of advanced and more complex NES games to be played using such adapter.

Also are there any emulators that support such an adapter to map additional buttons?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/so ... escription
tepples

Re: NES to SNES adapter

Post by tepples »

FCEUX for Windows, Nintendulator, and Mesen all support SNES controller and SNES mouse.
calima

Post by calima »

I don't think anyone sells those, Raphnet's product is a remapping one instead of straight-through.

Making one yourself is a very simple solder job using two extension cables. If you're going to make a game using such, you can pretty easily order 500 of such cables from China and sell/bundle them yourself.
Erockbrox

Post by Erockbrox »

Also are you able to use all of the extra buttons like R,L,X,Y with this adapter too?

Khan Games just released NESscape not too long ago, I'm sure there are still some of these adapters left. I would like to order one if they are available.
calima

Post by calima »

All buttons are available in a straight-through adapter. In a remapping one like Raphnet's, they are not.