Squeedo Synthesizer v2.0a

The Membler Industries, Strangulation Games, and Strangulation Records forum.

Moderator: Moderators

frantik

Post by frantik »

Memblers wrote:I've added support for 8-bit PCM samples. I tried some very basic linear interpolation, which makes it a little less noisy (but not much better). There's not a whole lot of memory for samples, but I might see how quickly I could load a sample out of external memory when an instrument change command is given. Right now, instruments are imported from .XI format (FastTracker 2). The fine-tune setting isn't implemented yet, though, so the samples have to tuned already.
thats interesting... i was thinking the other day about this and wondering if your squeedo could do sampling on the fly, and here i see you have though similar things

it would be really cool to be able be able to do some kind of live sampling and then do all sorts of crazy grainular effects and stuff to the waveforms

looks like some cool stuff going on with your squeedo, keep it up!
B00daW

Post by B00daW »

Memblers, are you interested in taking pictures of your setup? With Chip Maestro on the way and with MIDINES still available in small quantities, it would be nice to see this Squeedo Synth blow them all out of the water.
tepples

Re:

Post by tepples »

For the sake of history:
tepples wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:03 pm I just remembered $4011 is write-only. If the cart decodes $4011 to a read-only register, can the CPU see it?

Code: Select all

inc $4011
This is the first known mention of the technique that Zeta would later implement under the name "zpcm".