Why "logic" is bullshit (RANT)

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

psycopathicteen
Posts: 2934
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Why "logic" is bullshit (RANT)

Post by psycopathicteen » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:25 pm

Rereads thread.

Still don't see any attacks being made.

psycopathicteen
Posts: 2934
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Why "logic" is bullshit (RANT)

Post by psycopathicteen » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:33 pm

rainwarrior wrote:How did we get to "SMW Central is toxic" exactly?

psychopathicteen linked a thread where he, apropos of nothing, declared "SMW hacking is bogging SNES homebrew down" and started about 5 different utterly pointless arguments about why he doesn't like some of the work people are doing there. What kind of response was warranted? Most people in that thread were IMO extraordinarily polite in response to such an antagonistic attack on their hobby.

If you're a troll who was just trying to make people angry, mission accomplished. If, however, you were somehow well meaning about this and you honestly believe that anything you said in that thread was helpful and should have been received with any kind of praise or thanks, maybe try to realize that it was not and you should probably evaluate your own behaviour if you want to have a better time in that community.
Wow, is this ever a clear example of the pot calling the kettle black.

User avatar
rainwarrior
Posts: 7812
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:03 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Why "logic" is bullshit (RANT)

Post by rainwarrior » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:46 pm

psycopathicteen wrote:Rereads thread.

Still don't see any attacks being made.
Well, that is exactly the problem and I can only hope that one day you do see it.
psycopathicteen wrote:Wow, is this ever a clear example of the pot calling the kettle black.
If you want to talk about me, go ahead I guess, but I have nothing to do with how you behaved in that thread.

psycopathicteen
Posts: 2934
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Why "logic" is bullshit (RANT)

Post by psycopathicteen » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:53 pm

rainwarrior wrote:
psycopathicteen wrote:Rereads thread.

Still don't see any attacks being made.
Well, that is exactly the problem and I can only hope that one day you do see it.
psycopathicteen wrote:Wow, is this ever a clear example of the pot calling the kettle black.
If you want to talk about me, go ahead I guess, but I have nothing to do with how you behaved in that thread.
...because you have no point.
If you're a troll who was just trying to make people angry, mission accomplished.
If I was being a troll to just make people angry I would've typed in all caps, insulted people and swore like a sailor. I wouldn't be paying so much attention on backing up arguments and using correct grammar all the time. If I don't back up my argument enough, it's not because I am a troll and I have no valid argument, it's because sometimes the less said the better.

Thanks a lot! Do you understand why I get so angry at people?

User avatar
rainwarrior
Posts: 7812
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:03 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Why "logic" is bullshit (RANT)

Post by rainwarrior » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:13 pm

psycopathicteen wrote:Thanks a lot! Do you understand why I get so angry at people?
I'm sorry, what I meant was that your words in that thread more or less had the effect of a troll (which is also why that thread was locked). That's why I went on to clarify that I think you probably believed they were somewhat well-intentioned. I was pointing out that at face value they do not read as well-intentioned to me, or apparently to many people in that thread who felt directly insulted by you. I had to infer your intentions by the way you seemed to be shocked that someone might have called you an "idiot" at the end of that exchange.

I think I do have some idea of why you get angry at people, but my question about that thread was precisely the converse: do you understand why people get so angry at you?

If you can re-read that thread and think "no, I said nothing at all insulting", then the answer to that question appears to be a negative. That's the "point" that you insist I don't have. There is a disconnect between how you think what you say should be received, and how it actually is, and it definitely appears to be causing you grief (as well as them). Do you want to understand why they reacted this way? Or do you just want to comfort yourself with a belief that they're all idiots?

psycopathicteen
Posts: 2934
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Why "logic" is bullshit (RANT)

Post by psycopathicteen » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:35 pm

Okay, what was the most cringe worthy thing I said? You don't have to go into detail.

psycopathicteen
Posts: 2934
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Why "logic" is bullshit (RANT)

Post by psycopathicteen » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:31 pm

I guess I can have this thread closed.

User avatar
rainwarrior
Posts: 7812
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:03 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Why "logic" is bullshit (RANT)

Post by rainwarrior » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:45 am

psycopathicteen wrote:Okay, what was the most cringe worthy thing I said? You don't have to go into detail.
If you look at the thread and just see what people take exception to, do you not think they made it clear what is bothering them about what you said?

The very subject line of the thread is worded in a way that is hostile to the entire reason for the community's existence, and about 10 different people respond directly to that over the course of it. You lead with that sour foot and it colours the context of everything else you said. After that bad opening, you did make some civil inquiries and the discussion looks like it's turning into something worthwhile, but then when you doubled back to it you can see the thread turn bad right there.

TOUKO
Posts: 289
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:14 am

Re: Why "logic" is bullshit (RANT)

Post by TOUKO » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:27 am

i heard somewhere that the SA-1 is a 1 phase CPU, is this true ??

User avatar
mikejmoffitt
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 8:43 pm

Re: Why "logic" is bullshit (RANT)

Post by mikejmoffitt » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:40 pm

psycopathicteen wrote:Because Sega fanboys are butt hurt that I can pull off action games on the SNES.
This is where the thread gets uncomfortable for me, aside from the "(RANT)" in the title itself. A few notes:

[x] vs [y] "fanboy" debates don't seem like they have a place in 2017, among adults without serious social problems. Take a step back and think about the concept of getting emotionally invested in a psuedo-war between two large corporations from the '80s and '90s, and ask yourself if it is sensible to be so involved.

In this line you're implying that a bunch of "fanboys" are upset because you "pulled off" action games on the SNES. Do you actually think that is true?

psycopathicteen
Posts: 2934
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Why "logic" is bullshit (RANT)

Post by psycopathicteen » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:42 pm

mikejmoffitt wrote:
psycopathicteen wrote:Because Sega fanboys are butt hurt that I can pull off action games on the SNES.
This is where the thread gets uncomfortable for me, aside from the "(RANT)" in the title itself. A few notes:

[x] vs [y] "fanboy" debates don't seem like they have a place in 2017, among adults without serious social problems. Take a step back and think about the concept of getting emotionally invested in a psuedo-war between two large corporations from the '80s and '90s, and ask yourself if it is sensible to be so involved.

In this line you're implying that a bunch of "fanboys" are upset because you "pulled off" action games on the SNES. Do you actually think that is true?
The internet is full of people with issues.

User avatar
Bregalad
Posts: 7880
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:49 pm
Location: Chexbres, VD, Switzerland

Re: Why "logic" is bullshit (RANT)

Post by Bregalad » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:40 am

I hate to repeat myself, but since people don't understand sometimes repeating oneself is necessary.
Bregalad wrote: So, what about ignoring them ? This debate has already been done over and over, and every time the conclusion was the same.

Oziphantom
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:03 am

Re: Why "logic" is bullshit (RANT)

Post by Oziphantom » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:26 am

TOUKO wrote:i heard somewhere that the SA-1 is a 1 phase CPU, is this true ??
No. The 65(X)XX series needs a 2 phase non-overlapping clock. Fundamental part of its design and timings. Although you could make it so it takes in a clock at 2x speed and then use that to make the internal 2 phase, and then call it a 1 phase as far as the external circuity is concerned??

TOUKO
Posts: 289
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:14 am

Re: Why "logic" is bullshit (RANT)

Post by TOUKO » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:52 am

ok, thanks for explanations, and it's not the case for SA-1 ??
and then call it a 1 phase as far as the external circuity is concerned??
Yes i call it a 1 phase because RAM accesses can be close to the CPU frequency(so close to 1 cycle per access), and not a 1/2 cycle like the 65xxx standard .

Oziphantom
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:03 am

Re: Why "logic" is bullshit (RANT)

Post by Oziphantom » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:01 am

Its a 65816 core. From the pinout here https://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9592 it takes in 2 lots of the master clock, which it divs 2 to get its clock speed. The fact it takes two makes me think it inverts then divs the other one to make the two clocks. Without seeing the dies though its all speculation. But it seems that it does take on faster clock in which it then clocks down to its internal speed. So I guess it could be seen as a 1phase 21Mhz or a 2Phase 10Mhz

Post Reply