A project I actually completed! (Simon on Arduino)

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

DementedPurple

A project I actually completed! (Simon on Arduino)

Post by DementedPurple »

I've built and programmed a Simon game on Arduino, It's my first actual "game" that I've made. I have footage here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XBw2TR ... sp=sharing I'm debating wether or not I should share the schematics and the code publicly. if you have any recommendations for how I could make it better, please tell me. I feel like the wires could have been cleaner, as well as the whole thing could have been smaller, but that's the problem with using a breadboard.
lidnariq

Re: A project I actually completed! (Simon on Arduino)

Post by lidnariq »

Writing things up is a good habit to be in. Both just in terms of being able to communicate effectively, as well as making sure that you do document things at all.

It's hard to make breadboards look good with those flexible jumpers. Most of the things I've made involving breadboards requires making a large array of jumpers cut to length out of hookup wire.
DementedPurple

Post by DementedPurple »

Have you ever tried using a lot of small blank PCBs to solder in components and then solder flexible wires to other small PCBs, and then you have an ugly baby mobile of PCBs all hanging around everywhere. :lol:
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

Yeah, I tried that once. As you've noticed, it's a mess.

I try to use ribbon cable and IDC connectors for anything where crosstalk isn't a major issue.
FrankenGraphics
Formerly WheelInventor

Post by FrankenGraphics »

Not bad! You can get a lot cleaner with a strip board which is also good to practice your solder skills on - but then again, you'll end up stacking projects because they're cumbersome to salvage.

Little project pcb:s for things you might need is a good way to practice, too. Maybe you need another headphone amp, timer or interactive christmas lights or something?

You're not a terribly long way from making a flipper game... though that effort requires a lot of space, time, interest, a bit of money to burn, and madness :lol: