Commodore 64 and Amiga 500 video hardware characteristics?

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Commodore 64 and Amiga 500 video hardware characteristic

Post by 93143 »

Today I learned that a real copy of Rendering Ranger can go for over $3500. (I then searched ebay, and observed a stark contrast between SFC originals going for ~$2500-3500 with box and manual, or ~$700-900 loose, and obvious repros going for between $10 and $50.) This implies that that video may have been made from an emulator, repro, or flash cart.

I wonder if it's a bad dump? Might explain the bugginess...

...what a wonderful 100% off-topic post to begin a new page with...
Drew Sebastino
Formerly Espozo

Re: Commodore 64 and Amiga 500 video hardware characteristic

Post by Drew Sebastino »

I too noticed the same price difference that distinguishes repros from originals. When I got R-Type III a few years ago, it wasn't even an option; I guess some factory in China has been cranking them out as of recent. I'm actually fine with them, because they're priced so much lower that it's obvious it isn't an original cartridge and it still lets people play the game on original hardware if they don't want to buy a flash cart.

I hardly ever care about people going off topic; usually that's just the conversation progressing. I'm just severely disappointed in the Amiga's color capability for an otherwise capable machine. :lol: The whole game pretty much needs to use a universal palette, unless you want objects that use only 4 colors. Can the blitter add, or only do and/or instructions? this way, sprites with only unique colors could dynamically shift the colors they are using anywhere in the color ram.