It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:11 am 

Don't know how many soundtrack collectors we have here, but I'm letting my Sweet Home go (no, not my actual house): El eBay Link

Starting bid is $7.50! :o

(Also, eBay says if someone buys through that link, I incur no fees. :? Don't know how that works.)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:08 pm 

Seeing this post kinda reminds me of the most awaited Black Friday sale.
Updating:

I got a wireless dog fence at a cheaper price. I also had a new monitor to connect to my laptop at home so that it won't be hard for me open and closed a new tab.

Last edited by jmorgan1993 on Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:42 pm 

You should not post U.S.-only auctions to an international forum.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:27 pm 

I can make an exception for anyone here. Just let me know your location and user ID.

Where are you located, NewRisingSun?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:33 pm 

I am not looking for merciful exceptions, and I am not interested in the item for sale. And even if I were interested in the item, I certainly would avoid sellers that make me beg for the privilege of buying from them. Excluding most of the world from the onset is a deplorable habit, and such items should only be advertised on places with a matching regional focus.

There is a certain irony in offering an item that was originally imported from Japan, and then putting regional restrictions on its re-sale. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:41 am 

NewRisingSun wrote:
You should not post U.S.-only auctions to an international forum.

Or even better, who posts an auction for a niche item but limits their buyers to only one country?

For some reason British eBay sellers are especially stupid with that, and I've missed out on so many items at a potentially great price.
It really pisses me off when I see it :\

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:51 am 

Probably because it costs a substantial amount of money in compliance costs to sell to buyers located in a member state of the European Union. Since May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has been in effect, and article 27 requires merchants who sell into the EU or collect data about EU members and who are not established in the EU to designate a firm in the EU as its representative for privacy claims. A business that sells into the EU without designating a representative pursuant to article 27 incurs a fine of up to 10 million euros or 2% of the business's annual worldwide turnover, whichever is greater.

Would it be acceptable to charge a $3,000 shipping surcharge to residents of EU member states to cover the cost of designating a representative and eBay's 10% commission on the shipping surcharge? Does eBay's Sell Your Item form even allow for such an EU handling surcharge?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:31 am 

That does not affect private sellers, because they are not running an out-of-EU business. Also, consider the exemption to the Data Protection Representative requirement in that Does Article 27 Apply link, which will apply to most eBay sellers. Therefore, you are putting up a bogeyman there.

And I don't think that is the reason, because he excluded all other countries, not just E.U. ones.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:02 am 

As for exemptions, the only one I could see is the one for "occasional" processing, and only the courts can slay the bogeyman by clarifying that word's interpretation with case law. I acknowledge that when I last investigated the exemption, I investigated the exemption from the point of view of an online dealer of radio control vehicles whose sales to EU member states made up 0.5% of its annual revenue. Such processing is more likely to be considered "routine" rather than "occasional".

As for the listing also excluding countries outside of the EU, I acknowledge that country-by-country exclusion is possible. But whose job is it to understand all countries' customs regulations?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:22 am 

I would like to see an IP ban dealt to Jedi QuestMaster for such deplorable crimes.

Also, I believe NewRisingSun should receive the soundtrack free of charge.

Also, I would like to see craigslist.org shut down for being anti-globalist.

I will not compromise on any of these demands.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:49 pm 

And the thread is derailed, a nesdev classic :lol: