hello, good day

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

coto

hello, good day

Post by coto » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:21 pm

my name is coto, i am a coder like many of you are.

https://coto88.bitbucket.io

I also code/maintain emulators. I study and reverse things my own way. But I definitely enjoy a forum dedicated to a lot of things related to hardware/software engineering. I am kinda moving away from "misc talk" forums, tbh.

Cheers

cpow
NESICIDE developer

Re: hello, good day

Post by cpow » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:33 am

Welcome. I'm curious why your site strangely piecemeal regurgitates your Bitbucket repository content in a form that's much less than readable? In my browser only half of the code is visible and I'd have to scroll down to the end of the file, scroll to the right, and scroll back up to the top of the file just to read it. Basically the "Dev" tab is useless.

coto

Post by coto » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:21 am

Useless? it was an experiment. Also I have a lot of code in there so it helps to highlight what´s useful so far. It needs some work yes, but I wouldn't call that useless. It needs some work.

Say your NES emulator is useless? I wouldn't say that just because there are over 20+ NES emus out there do the work much better than yours. It needs some work. See the similarity?

Also, thank you. I registered here because I saw the community knows their stuff and I thought I would learn a thing or two from here.

darryl.revok

Post by darryl.revok » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:37 am

coto wrote: I registered here because I saw the community knows their stuff and I thought I would learn a thing or two from here.
This community definitely knows its stuff. However, it often lacks social graces. I wouldn't suggest paying much mind to the way things are said around here because it's not likely to be productive for either party.

tepples

Post by tepples » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:49 am

darryl.revok wrote:However, it often lacks social graces.
This is likely a consequence of autism, which tends to be more common in niche STEM hobbies like this. It's diagnosed in some users, such as myself, and evident though undiagnosed in some other users.