Nintendo "Gigaleak"

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

oRBIT2002

Nintendo "Gigaleak"

Post by oRBIT2002 »

tepples

Re: Nintendo "Gigaleak"

Post by tepples »

Do not post leaked content here. It could get the whole homebrew scene in trouble.
aa-dav

Post by aa-dav »

I was unable to determine if it is new spam trick until see article in ArsTechnica about it: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/07/ ... urce-code/
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

Someone with a 14 year old account and 600 posts is generally not a spammer.
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
aa-dav

Post by aa-dav »

Dwedit wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:02 am Someone with a 14 year old account and 600 posts is generally not a spammer.
Indeed, but I saw words 'seen this?', 'pretty exiting', 'hot' and was like 'bye-bye'... :)
oRBIT2002

Post by oRBIT2002 »

Sorry if I spoked ya'. :) Many people are probably not very happy about this kind of stuff. Myself I find it fascinating what people can dig up through these old sources. There are plenty of articles about what people have found..
calima

Post by calima »

Personally not interested in the sources, but the GBA netcard stuff was interesting. Alas, it and the Pokemon MMO plans didn't stand up to their names.

GBA netcard: expectation, a network adapter. GBC had the phone adapter in Japan and DS has built-in wifi, so I expected a wifi adapter. Nope, it's just USB, to connect to internet via a computer. Not even via the link cable as far as I could tell, but the cart port.

Pokemon MMO: expectation, what the name says. Nope, it was just online trading and some events, just like the DS games have.

So high expectations but both turned out to be meh. Explains why they never came out.
aa-dav

Post by aa-dav »

oRBIT2002 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:06 am Sorry if I spoked ya'. :) Many people are probably not very happy about this kind of stuff. Myself I find it fascinating what people can dig up through these old sources. There are plenty of articles about what people have found..
You did nothing wrong at all. It's just annoying spam nearby that makes short and provoking to follow supplied link without any details messages to look very very suspicious. And even first word 'hot' in provided link are very similar to all these 'hotgirls24hours-whatever.com'. :) So I was amazed then realized it's not spam. ;)
FrankWDoom

Post by FrankWDoom »

Haven't had a chance to investigate myself but the master rom list sounds interesting. Possibly some unavailable or even unknown games in there?
Last edited by FrankWDoom on Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oRBIT2002

Post by oRBIT2002 »

The ROMs doesn't seemed to be saved in .NES format (not very surprising..) or come with proper filenames so I guess it'll require some detective-work to figure out what's what.

EDIT: Files seems to be split in PRG and CHR's. Filenames seems to be related to developer and game-name (initials). Obviously no INES header available.
Last edited by oRBIT2002 on Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NewRisingSun

Post by NewRisingSun »

The only ROM files in the master database are those for which an order to manufacture was given. So, no prototypes. There are five rev1 versions that are not yet (as of today) in No-Intro:
  • Bridgestone Cycle: Radac Tailor-made (Japan)
  • Dragon Slayer Jr.: Romancia (Japan)
  • Family Computer Othello (Japan)
  • Nintendo World Cup (North America)
  • Roger Clemens' MVP Baseball (North America)
I have already added their hash values to the NES 2.0 XML Header Database.
Also, their master ROMs of Athena (J), Reigen Doushi and Hyakkiyakou are corrupt, and CNROM+Security (mapper 185) games --- 8 KiB CHR-ROM, with three of the four latch values disabling CHR-ROM --- are stored as the equivalent of mapper 3 hacks, that is, 32 KiB of CHR-ROM with the "disabled" banks being filled with FF.
Controllerhead

Post by Controllerhead »

I've been trying to get SCad to work, not much success so far... it's entirely in Japanese and is clearly missing some SDK, and probably other requirements; it also seems to need specific tweaks in the options, none of which i can read. I'd love to use it though...
oRBIT2002 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:35 pm Files seems to be split in PRG and CHR's.
They run if you combine'm.

EDIT: The unused SNES Starfox music is awesome! Castlevania 4's beta tracks are cool too.
Last edited by Controllerhead on Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers »

I haven't seen anyone mention that this also reveals the existence of a prototype Super Famicom Disk System.

Zilog Z8530 - keyboard, RS232 interface
NEC uPD71055 - printer, parallel port interface
NEC uPD72069 - floppy disk controller
calima

Post by calima »

I guess Super Donkey for SNES is the only "big" unknown game. Then early Ocarina of Time looking like Myst was weird.
Oziphantom

Post by Oziphantom »

Memblers wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:05 pm I haven't seen anyone mention that this also reveals the existence of a prototype Super Famicom Disk System.

Zilog Z8530 - keyboard, RS232 interface
NEC uPD71055 - printer, parallel port interface
NEC uPD72069 - floppy disk controller
No this is just a development tool. Not a product. They used in it Mario Kart for example, there is a track editor that lets them save/load and format floppy disks on the SNES so they can test and design. The Keyboard is for a memory view and modification debug menu etc.