FamiNES Archive [v3.4]

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

FamiNES

FamiNES Archive [v3.4]

Post by FamiNES »

Here is the project I've been working on for the last few months, an update to the outdated GoodNES romset.

All roms have been re-tagged to a new naming convention including year and publisher or creator of each game to allow for simple sorting using batch (.bat) files. Only 1 .bat file has been currently added that removes all garbage files, simply place it into the main roms folder and run it and all bad, over, and old version roms will be sorted into a garbage folder.
PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT TRY TO OPEN .BAT FILES IN A TEXT EDITOR. This will change how your system opens .bat files and it can be a PITA to change it back. In order to edit or create new batch files simply change the file extension to .txt to edit and back to .bat when you are finished. I will be working on new batch files for the next update.

There has also been around 1700 new roms added into the archive along with a text file with the names of all new roms included.

I'm not sure of the policy of rom sharing on this site so instead of linking directly to the file I'll be linking to the Internet Achive. Just search for FamiNES Archive roms and you will find it.
https://archive.org/

This is far from complete and just wanted to get it out there for any suggestions about what should be changed or added.
Feel free to contact me at FamiNESArchive@gmail.com or by posting to this thread.
Memblers
Site Admin

Re: FamiNES Archive [v3.4]

Post by Memblers »

I can confirm that these were my ROMs:
Capcom OST's [I+][Unknown][b.1] - [Memblers][2000]
Capcom OST's [I+][Unknown][Single Screen] - [Memblers][2001]
FamiNES

Post by FamiNES »

Thank you. It’s been updated.
Yave Yu

Post by Yave Yu »

Nice archive, however...
1. Is it more converience when same games into one archive? Like [!] [a1] [b1] into one archive.
2. Typo, PRG not PGR, such as 10-Yard Fight (J)[Irem][1985][PGR1][!].
3. No Battle Kid 2 release ROM?
Nikku4211

Post by Nikku4211 »

Yave Yu wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:25 pm 3. No Battle Kid 2 release ROM?
It is incredibly hard to find the ROM to any non-free homebrew game, because they're very new and barely anyone knows about them.
I have an ASD, so empathy is not natural for me. If I hurt you, I apologise.