Zelda II - The Adventure of Link... SUCKED

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

Pokun

Re: Zelda II - The Adventure of Link... SUCKED

Post by Pokun »

As much as I like Prince of Persia I don't think it would become a Zelda game as it's in its own genre of tile-based platform games like Another World and Flashback, while Zelda was always more of an action-RPG. But I say that with my current view on the Zelda series in which Zelda II has already played an important role shaping.

If the reason new players doesn't like Zelda II (since we already concluded that old players generally do like it) is that it's so different from other Zelda games, I don't think anything could make it more popular as long as it's a side-scrolling game.

I don't get where the critics of the mechanics of Zelda II comes from. It's basically Mario but with dashing removed, the acceleration and platform jumping toned down, and with added sword & shield fighting. It's about as good as a platform game can be in its bare bones. I only miss being able to use more weapons and moves with it, like in Symphony of the Night and Aria of Sorrow.
unregistered

Re: Zelda II - The Adventure of Link... SUCKED

Post by unregistered »

Hmmm… my sister finished Zelda 1 without saving a perishing; the number under her username didn’t move beyond 0. And by “finished Zelda 1”, I mean both of its quests.

Quite impressive to me; she did the entire two quests without receiving help. :) She enjoyed the exploration, discovery, and problem solving.

She played Zelda 2 too and lost interest very quickly.

Note: Her Zelda 1 experience was played on a GameCube disc.