My Mental Illness

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

Zepper
Formerly Fx3

Post by Zepper » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:12 am

Get a blog.
Get a blog.
Get a blog.
...a blog.

NotTheCommonDose

Post by NotTheCommonDose » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:15 am

After reading this, I feel like I have a mental illness. :? :cry:

Nessie

Post by Nessie » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:45 am

Celius wrote:It's true no one is a perfect poster. Though there are some posters that are so awful they just have to stop posting entirely. I was really close to being one of those posters.
I rarely post cause I often come off as a jerk so I figured it's better for everyone if I keep quiet. :D
I don't mind jargon much though - he might be different and confusing but it's not that big a deal.

peppers

Post by peppers » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:58 am

I try not to post much in the serious topics because there are meny people who know more than me and I would bet I come off somewhat annoying sometimes.

I acctually do know more about NES software development than it would seem from my posts though, ive done a few things that arent worth mentioning.

Zepper
Formerly Fx3

Post by Zepper » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:44 pm

Hey, don't be 0wn3d! Seriously, don't pay attention to this topic.

jargon
B&: This is not your blog

Post by jargon » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:26 pm

she's called me 10 or more times since that night.

i am not answering.

so instead to not dwell on it i updated the Zeed site and worked out a design document for my Zeed Web App.

also to take the edge off, i enrolled in an irc-based kingdom-hearts based roleplay once again in order to have something else to thing about.

here's my old sheets for it:

http://mediaplague.com/gallery/kingdom% ... eadme.html

notice i named Kain "Cain" as it was originally spelled on the concept art.

also i been putting my time toward building a new web start-up.

basic judy judy style court site where people can file lawsuits against other people and sites on the net regarding bans, where the site allots 1000 cents (versus the 1000 dollars on judge judy) that are awarded based on the merits of the case at no cost to either party as a web based mediator reality show.

anyways about Zeed.

i lost my copy of PHP/MySQL bible, so obviously i don't have the luxury of having a printed manual on hand in order to better develop the Zeed Web App.

so. i am going to have to set up a paypal donation box on retromachineshop or something to fund reference books and server costs. :/

The Zeed Web App will be proprietary for at-least a year until it is perfected, then it will be open sourced as GPL; once Peekin, and others that contributed to The Zeed Project sign off on it.

i do not plan on open sourcing it until it works with a Java Applet that allows you to explore the 3d generated levels in real-time first person just like how the original Zeed Engine worked.

you can read more about that here though:

http://nesdev.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=4430
Cheers,
Timothy Robert Keal alias jargon

Miser's House Anthology Project

Jarhmander
Formerly ~J-@D!~

Post by Jarhmander » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:42 am

Nessie wrote:
Celius wrote:It's true no one is a perfect poster. Though there are some posters that are so awful they just have to stop posting entirely. I was really close to being one of those posters.
I rarely post cause I often come off as a jerk so I figured it's better for everyone if I keep quiet. :D
I don't mind jargon much though - he might be different and confusing but it's not that big a deal.
I second that, seriously

jargon
B&: This is not your blog

Post by jargon » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:49 pm

~J-@D!~ wrote:
Nessie wrote:
I second that, seriously
i just wish they would use easymod to add a shoutbox of temporary stuff that only worked as a multi-user private message, basically a user group sign up that buffered 50 posts then recycles when it maxes out.

this way us oddballs have a way to small talk together in private without being banned from places such as the chat-room, or being placed in time-out.

it is prolly too much to ask of Memblers and Tepples to implement something like that. but at-least keeping this metal illness thread open would help, for those that wish to eventually open up about their quirks and get to know each other.
Cheers,
Timothy Robert Keal alias jargon

Miser's House Anthology Project

tepples

Post by tepples » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:05 am

phpBB 2 power structure:
FTPer > admin > moderator > user > user in time-out > guest

Admins can create a usergroup, make forums that are hidden from everybody not in the usergroup, and then open the usergroup for sign-ups. Perhaps you're just asking for a new "Psychiatry" usergroup as a temporary space until you get your own blog or forum.

blargg

Post by blargg » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:41 am

jargon wrote:i just wish they would use easymod to add a shoutbox [...] this way us oddballs have a way to small talk together in private without being banned from places such as the chat-room, or being placed in time-out.
Isn't that what IRC and other chats are for? How would a web-based version solve the problems that banning solves on IRC, but without doing any banning?

peppers

Post by peppers » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:11 pm

Just put up a myspace page and do that there. I bet outher myspace users exsist in the world. You can also annoy people with music and slap a bonch of pictures of crap you like everywhere. That is perfect for you. Its also not a terrible way to meet people as far as the internet goes.

SmartOne

Post by SmartOne » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:42 pm

How are you believing this spam? Seriously, people.

Zepper
Formerly Fx3

Post by Zepper » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:34 pm

SmartOne wrote:How are you believing this spam? Seriously, people.
Not a person? Hmm...

Roth

Post by Roth » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:49 pm

Hey Jargon. To be perfectly honest, General Stuff is an area where we talk about whatever. But, there is a certain line, like in any situation, where it is weird. I gotta say that the advice that I am quoting below, is absolutely perfect for what you are doing in this topic:
tepples wrote:Please get a blog.
peppers wrote:Just put up a myspace page and do that there. I bet outher myspace users exsist in the world. You can also annoy people with music and slap a bonch of pictures of crap you like everywhere. That is perfect for you. Its also not a terrible way to meet people as far as the internet goes.
At least consider those options. It would be best for all. Make one of these, and make a post here, stating where it is at (url-wise). If there are people that want to read what you have to say, they will follow.

Anyway, that's my advice, take it how you will : )

SmartOne

Post by SmartOne » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:43 am

Fx3 wrote:
SmartOne wrote:How are you believing this spam? Seriously, people.
Not a person? Hmm...
If I'm interpretting your post correctly, he can still be a person and spam.