This has got to be a joke... (NES Rom Maker)

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

tokumaru

This has got to be a joke... (NES Rom Maker)

Post by tokumaru »

I was just reading the stupidest thread I've seen in a while, which led me to this page. The guy is trying to make some sort of NES game maker, but he clearly has no idea what he's talking about.

You'll find perls like these:
As for sound, it will take .wav; mp3; midi; wma; mp4; and convert it to nsf format when saving your progress as a rom.
There where 255 total mappers made for the NES, if the 6502 chip was that open to expantions and continued on into the SNES and N64 then I bet we can make new mappers for the NES, infact some have already been planned.
It will upscale the Game Boy's 160x144 to 240x228 so that most SDTVs can display all scanlines just as if it was the Game Boy screen.
The Master System has two NTSC display modes 256×192 which is a smaller screen, and 256×224(Same as the NES)
I don't think he even understands what a mapper is. Plus he doesn't know how to code NES software, seeing as he was asking people to hack the PowerPak ROM for him.

I wonder if he ever posted here... I don't think this "project" was ever mentioned here, and if he ever does I don't think the result will be pretty.

I'm not sure what to think of all this. Part of me wants to laugh at this, but the other part is terribly sad. What do you guys think?
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

The nes roms only work if you have the DVD player.

You can tell this kid's uncle works for Nintendo.
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

With a Console Game Builder's developer's license you can get 20% off the powerpak and 10% off the powerpak lite
I bet he's paying the difference, because somehow I doubt bunnyboy has agreed to this...
MetalSlime

Post by MetalSlime »

Terribly sad.

He has a youtube channel and he appears to be completely insane. BTW, I don't recommend watching any of the videos, but just in case you want to:

http://www.youtube.com/user/productions963

He talks about the ROM Maker project on some of his video diaries.
MetalSlime runs away.
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

That's it, guy is nuts.
ReaperSMS

Post by ReaperSMS »

Good god, someone even less coherent than jargon... I lost braincells in that first paragraph :(
Bregalad

Post by Bregalad »

Oh my god....
Useless, lumbering half-wits don't scare us.
peppers

Post by peppers »

When I read the first sentence I figured it was just some overly enthusiastic kid, but this guy ew.

I mean I'm kind of a dumb shit and I don't pretend otherwise but this guy take all of the cakes.
Zepper
Formerly Fx3

Post by Zepper »

As for sound, it will take .wav; mp3; midi; wma; mp4; and convert it to nsf format when saving your progress as a rom.
- Perhaps he means a way to play MP3 files during the emulation, instead of using the 2a03. I read somewhere about a guy streaming music from his MP4 player into a specific NES pin.
Ian A

Post by Ian A »

If I was this out there I hope someone would tell me.
mic_

Post by mic_ »

To me he sounds like just another troll. Either that or he's got some severe mental disorder. Let's just hope he never shows up around here, because discussing anything with him would be a waste of time.
tepples

Post by tepples »

I remember reading something in Nintendo Power about something similar to SEUCK for the Famicom.
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

mic_ wrote:To me he sounds like just another troll. Either that or he's got some severe mental disorder.
I'm betting on mental disorder. He's been talking about such projects for too long and went thought the trouble of writing all that text for his project's webpage and set up all that crappy merchandise (t-shirts and stuff).
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

yeah he once replied to one of my videos....he was basicly a huge dick. (I tried explaining him some things but he wouldnt really listen)
GradualGames

Post by GradualGames »

From Joe_Cracker on the thread tokumaru originally linked:
Don't you understand anything, I thought of that. NES Rom Maker takes nes rom code, puts it in a box and labels it. Your code box says "This is where the box is level 1 shows up." If there is a bug in the rom, you go back to the source file, use the 'bug catcher' and it will identify the problem, it may be a different code box called "Falling Rocks" because you some rocks falling during the boss battle. The bug catcher will atleast be in the full 1.0, and might not be ready when we send out the 0.1 beta.
Man, I'd love it if I could just run a "bug catcher" :lol: