pokemon

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

kajukha

pokemon

Post by kajukha »

What pokemon are able to use the thunderstone in soul silver? I gave someone my pokegear number after a battle on route 38, and later, they gave me a thunderstone. They said that it could make certain types of pokemon evolve. Which ones?

[removed ancient edited-in spam - MOD]
Last edited by kajukha on Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

I remember a long time ago, the "Snakeyes Gaming Corp" board wordfiltered "Pokemon" into "Crapflap". So there were tons of people begging for a "Crapflap gold" translation. Man, I'm old.
Last edited by Dwedit on Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
3gengames
Formerly 65024U

Post by 3gengames »

Sorry this isn't even close to a forum where that info would be available. XD

(And since it's in the development forum, I was disappointed that someone else wasn't thinking about making a pokemon like game :cry: )
Kasumi

Post by Kasumi »

Well there's a pirate game out there of Pokemon Gold for NES, 65024U.
tepples

Re: pokemon

Post by tepples »

kajukha wrote:I gave someone my pokegear number after a battle on route 38, and later, they gave me a thunderstone.
Did it come with a CD?
They said that it could make certain types of pokemon evolve. Which ones?
Thunderstone is most commonly assorted with that overgrown yellow hamster with a lightning bolt shoved up its rear end commonly known as Pikachu.

Moved to General Stuff.
peppers

Post by peppers »

its possiple this is one of those bots but only a little more confused than most, where was this post originally?
Kasumi

Post by Kasumi »

The nesdev category.
GradualGames

Post by GradualGames »

Why would a bot author bother making bots that do nothing but post a message? If it is a real person though, one wonders how on earth they found this website while searching for information on modern pokemon games.
tepples

Post by tepples »

Gradualore wrote:Why would a bot author bother making bots that do nothing but post a message?
Perhaps to build up the account's reputation. Some boards require at least one on-topic yet link-free post before the user can start posting links.
3gengames
Formerly 65024U

Post by 3gengames »

Kasumi wrote:Well there's a pirate game out there of Pokemon Gold for NES, 65024U.

Hmm just looked it up, looks cool.....does it work on real hardware? 0_o
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

Chinese pirates usually do, but that doesn't mean they are any good. They usually play like crap, and have broken logic/physics/graphics/sound.
3gengames
Formerly 65024U

Post by 3gengames »

tokumaru wrote:Chinese pirates usually do, but that doesn't mean they are any good. They usually play like crap, and have broken logic/physics/graphics/sound.

True, they probably didn't spend any/much time on the polishing of it :/.I was thinking of if it was on the NES how it could like trade pokemon and stuff, that'd be fun to do! Be able to switch characters between carts and such....That sounds like a god idea for a homebrew ;) -writes down and puts into a file- XD
peppers

Post by peppers »

yeah a monster trading home brew could be fun, and it would be interesting to see what might be come up with to go about the actual transfer process.
tepples

Post by tepples »

peppers wrote:yeah a monster trading home brew could be fun, and it would be interesting to see what might be come up with to go about the actual transfer process.
You'd be surprised at how close the Game Boy Game Link protocol is to the NES controller protocol, but unfortunately, the NES can act only as a master, not as a slave. So they're working on RS232 with timed code instead.
Drag

Post by Drag »

tepples wrote:
peppers wrote:yeah a monster trading home brew could be fun, and it would be interesting to see what might be come up with to go about the actual transfer process.
You'd be surprised at how close the Game Boy Game Link protocol is to the NES controller protocol, but unfortunately, the NES can act only as a master, not as a slave. So they're working on RS232 with timed code instead.
I knew it was good practice to reuse code, but this is pretty wild. :P