NESdev compo rules proposal #1

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

NESHomebrew
Formerly WhatULive4

Post by NESHomebrew »

For older homebrew stuff (and newer) NESWorld has a nice layout and a very comprehensive library. I'm sure once the entries for this contest are posted, they will end up on that site as well.

As for utilities/tools/editors, there are so many out there it would be a PITA to keep the updated versions on the site. I don't want to lose the simplicity of the site, but will definitely add a "Interested in more Homebrew?" page with plenty of links to other sources.

As for the nesdev homepage, I never look at it. Since the info was added to the wiki, I see no need for it.
Denine

Post by Denine »

Maaan,I alwazs wanted to compete in compo.
From what I understand:
1.It already started(January 1st)
2.Everyone can enter at any time,except deadline(June 1st)
3.It can be any mapper,OR NROM(Depend what category you're in)
No for questions:
1.Is there any sign in deadline?
2.If I sign my game in compo,can I later use it in different project?
I mean,not in another compo.But I want to make Dizzy Rainy Day+that game(2 game on 1 cart).Is this ok?
3.Is it ok to post ANY kind of game,even with minimalistic grafics?

Sorry,I know some questions sounds dumb :)
NESHomebrew
Formerly WhatULive4

Post by NESHomebrew »

Denine wrote:Maaan,I alwazs wanted to compete in compo.
From what I understand:
1.It already started(January 1st)
2.Everyone can enter at any time,except deadline(June 1st)
3.It can be any mapper,OR NROM(Depend what category you're in)
No for questions:
1.Is there any sign in deadline?
2.If I sign my game in compo,can I later use it in different project?
I mean,not in another compo.But I want to make Dizzy Rainy Day+that game(2 game on 1 cart).Is this ok?
3.Is it ok to post ANY kind of game,even with minimalistic grafics?

Sorry,I know some questions sounds dumb :)
There are no dumb questions :)

You don't have to officially "sign up" for anything. Whatever comes in before the deadline qualifies. Submit whatever you like, in whatever state you wish. If there is only one submission in that category you could win. Obviously the better it is, the better chance of winning you will have. Hopefully there will be enough entries that we won't have to award a prize to something whipped up in 20 minutes.

It's your game, you can do what you want with it. This is a fun competition, not a legal obligation. The only thing to keep in mind, is if you plan on making it a RetroUSB release, it might hurt your sales if someone can freely download the rom. I guess we can remove it from the site by request, but the idea is to have a place to download these games. If everyone wanted their roms private, then it would kind of ruin the spirit of the whole thing.
thefox

Post by thefox »

Bump. The website needs to be finalized.
Download STREEMERZ for NES from fauxgame.com! — Some other stuff I've done: fo.aspekt.fi
NESHomebrew
Formerly WhatULive4

Post by NESHomebrew »

thefox wrote:Bump. The website needs to be finalized.
That is true. I've been trying to PM memblers but he doesn't like PM's it seems :)
NESHomebrew
Formerly WhatULive4

Post by NESHomebrew »

Alright, the website has been updated. If you have any questions/comments/concerns please let me know ASAP.