Removing music from NES games

Discuss NSF files, FamiTracker, MML tools, or anything else related to NES music.

Moderator: Moderators

StephenShort

Re: Removing music from NES games

Post by StephenShort » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:35 pm

What music were you thinking of integrating in the background? It's a pretty smart strategy if you are worried about copyright infrigements, but you need to only use royalty free music, otherwie you pretty much did nothing. Though, I'm one of those people that really like and aprecciate soundtracks, I feel like it's the only way to get the complete vibe of the game. I'm not completly objective to be honest, cause I work in the video game development industry and I have been for the past couple of months now, so I pour all of my emotions in games in general, which is why I admire every part of them. One time I had to work with the audio and got a lot of use out of royalty free songs from an online library that I knew was really good. It was such a nice experience, made me appreciate soundtracks even more. If you are interested by royaty free audios, you can definetly check out the library that I used back then cause you can find anything on there.