Why do DPCM samples have a ROM size limit?

Discuss NSF files, FamiTracker, MML tools, or anything else related to NES music.

Moderator: Moderators

CKY-2K/Clay Man

Re: Why do DPCM samples have a ROM size limit?

Post by CKY-2K/Clay Man » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:02 am

Dwedit wrote:11 lines of code changed and the bug is fixed now. It was calculating the sample's address too early, now it doesn't look up the address until it actually starts fetching samples.
Where would you post updates of PocketNES when you do? PocketHeaven seems to be down again.
Here to at least get an idea of how the NES works. I mean I know alot of the basic things, but this place'll help me grasp more how NES functions.
Major respect to NES developers.

Dwedit

Post by Dwedit » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:06 am

I might do a complete overhaul of pocketnes.org, if my FTP access still works. And mirror it on my site too.
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!

CKY-2K/Clay Man

Post by CKY-2K/Clay Man » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:19 am

Dwedit wrote:I might do a complete overhaul of pocketnes.org, if my FTP access still works. And mirror it on my site too.
That's great! Would love to have that site updated to reflect the new PocketNES versions.
Here to at least get an idea of how the NES works. I mean I know alot of the basic things, but this place'll help me grasp more how NES functions.
Major respect to NES developers.