More NSF Requests

Discuss NSF files, FamiTracker, MML tools, or anything else related to NES music.

Moderator: Moderators

MrNorbert1994

Re: More NSF Requests

Post by MrNorbert1994 »

A full rerip for Puzzle Boys.
Attachments
Puzzle Boys (SFX).nsf
(28.13 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
MrNorbert1994

Post by MrNorbert1994 »

A complete rerip for Ishido.
Attachments
Ishido - The Way Of Stones (SFX).nsf
(36.13 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

NewRisingSun wrote:The difference in playback rates is not immediately audible during simple playback, but becomes relevant when creating NSFEs files from NSF files, and the song lengths and fade-out times from official soundtracks suddenly end up being off by several seconds.
I don't understand this? This doesn't really make sense to me:

1. 60.099hz vs 60.002hz should only be out by 1 second on a 10 minute long track. Several seconds seems completely out of proportion, for a typical track it would be something like 1/5 of a second.

2. What is an "official soundtrack"? How does it have a "fade-out time"? This is an NSFe concept. No CD release would ever publish fade times. ??? How is that at all related to NSF vs NSFe? NSFs don't have track times.

3. Since the NSFe standard doesn't have a playback speed field, it has to default to the hardware speed anyway. If the "official soundtrack" does not have correct hardware timing, then the problem is with whatever they recorded it with and nothing to do with NSFe?

If you're creating an NSFe, you just listen to the track and set the times. I can't comprehend how this is an issue at all? There's no "official" standard for how long a track should be or how long to fade. NSFs don't have track times, so whether they're timed slightly different (1 second per 10 minutes) seems entirely irrelevant?

I agree one should ideally use a more hardware accurate playback rate, but it's almost a non-issue anyway, just a very tiny nitpick. (It's also why I put override options in my NSF player.)
tepples

Post by tepples »

rainwarrior wrote:NSFs don't have track times.
They do if they're version 2.
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

tepples wrote:
rainwarrior wrote:NSFs don't have track times.
They do if they're version 2.
Please don't. That is not a thing. NewRisingSun was not talking about a theoretical NSF 2 format, and neither was I.
shawnphase

Post by shawnphase »

thanks for these once again! is there any more kemco soundtracks that havent been ripped? that electrician is a good one to have, its really only got one tune on it but its a nice'un. seems like there could maybe be one or two more kemco titles left right? guess we'd have to look at the list and compare really.
MrNorbert1994

Post by MrNorbert1994 »

To my knowledge there is no more Kemco stuff left (unless you have some rare source code or something).
MrNorbert1994

Post by MrNorbert1994 »

A proper rip for this one.
Attachments
Roger Rabbit (SFX).nsf
(11.79 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
TJthewizard2002

Post by TJthewizard2002 »

Does Jeopardy! Junior Edition have the exact same music data as Jeopardy! 25th Anniversary? I'm asking this because MrNorbert1994's NSF archive does not have the NSF for this game, but an older NSF archive and the NSFE archive have the NSF for the game but with no sound effects.
MrNorbert1994

Post by MrNorbert1994 »

Now it does. :D

And yes, this is the exact same driver which was in regular Jeopardy.
Attachments
Jeopardy! Junior Edition (SFX).nsf
(4.23 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
TJthewizard2002

Thank you MrNorbert. Now I have another question. How come Sesame Street Countdown only works on Nintendulator? Is there something in the code that is not supported by NSFPlay? Is there a way this can be ripped so it can work on more than 1 player?
MrNorbert1994

Post by MrNorbert1994 »

Sesame Street Countdown uses Mike Riedel's crappy driver, and it was generally a mess.
I remember that Rollerblade Racer had an older rip which only played on Nintendulator only too, so it is most likely the same issue.
I attemted a rerip on this, I fiddled around with some JSRs, got down a SFX I guess, but again, it only wants to work with Nintendulator...
I have a feeling that maybe there is an RTI somewhere which causes the trouble.

But now that you mentioned it I just reripped my older Friday The 13Th rip because the init address was wrong in that one and most emulators broke the thing down.
This one works in everything, even in NotSoFatso.
Attachments
Friday The 13th (SFX) (NES - Dendy - PAL 50Hz).nsf
(3.63 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
TJthewizard2002

Hmm... maybe karmic can fix it. Or maybe i can try to rip it, making it my first NSF rip, but that'll probably won't work. (and if it would work, it would probably work only on Nintendulator still.)
MrNorbert1994

Post by MrNorbert1994 »

Weirdly enough, not even this rip worked on emulators. :?
Added a new init routine.
Works on every emulator, player exept SlickNSF. If simply corrupts the noise channel for some reason. :/

*Another One*
Attachments
TM Network - Live In Power Bowl (SFX) (NES - Dendy - PAL 50Hz).nsf
(8.34 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
Chiisana Obake - Acchi Socchi Kocchi - Little Ghosts - Acchi Socchi (SFX) (NES - Dendy - PAL 50Hz).nsf
(5.91 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
MrNorbert1994

Post by MrNorbert1994 »

Reripped, so it works on every player.
Attachments
Soreike! Anpanman - Minna De Hiking Game! (SFX).nsf
(32 KiB) Downloaded 102 times