More NSF Requests

Discuss NSF files, FamiTracker, MML tools, or anything else related to NES music.

Moderator: Moderators

ugetab

Post by ugetab »

Added Bases Loaded 3 with some unusual banking that I'm not entirely sure conforms with the NSF specifications(loads bits and pieces non-contiguously to reduce size)

http://www.angelfire.com/nc/ugetab
Norrin_Radd

Post by Norrin_Radd »

Wow. Who knew the games would have had such complicated banking?! Thanks for yet another ultra rare NSF :D.

I've also colour coded the list on Page 7 so all of your names stand out. It's... beautiful......
Gil-Galad

Post by Gil-Galad »

Hey see if you can rip Namco Classic 2, I think this is the only N106 game left that hasn't been ripped. I didn't have much luck with it. The title screen is N106 and the first couple of tunes are not and maybe there is more N106 tunes in this game.
ugetab

Post by ugetab »

That may be a bit more than I can handle organizing in my head...

The title theme consists of these 2 codes:
9BB5 2F
9BBD 42

Using the second screen's music as the title screen requires these 2 codes:
9BB5 37
9BBD FF

Using the third screen's music as the title screen requires these 2 codes:
9BB5 33
9BBD FF

It'll mostly be a disassembly search, looking for LDAs, followed by sequential JSRs to E331, and E33C. You seem to have some music code written, since you know about differences between pieces of music. I guess I can leave this up to you, now that the song loading pattern has been identified. A quick disassembling, and a search for calls should lead you to sounds/music you can test using the title screen.

I can't even handle the Bases Loaded 4 rip yet, so it seems like a shot in the dark to try and finish this thing in the hour I intend to stay up from now...and it would be duplicated effort to find and debug the rest of the inits(821F is a Sound Init)
Abster

Post by Abster »

Bases Loaded 3 nsf is incomplete. Songs are missing and some tunes have channels missing.
ugetab

Post by ugetab »

Sorry about that. I guess I was a bit too frugal with the banks I loaded. I think I'll go for bigger rips instead of possibly malfunctioning rips from now on. I don't think anybody would mind an extra 16k to 48k of extra size if the rip sounds right.

http://www.angelfire.com/nc/ugetab
Norrin_Radd

Post by Norrin_Radd »

Let me just say, I don't care how big an NSF is if it's working. Just look at GYM files 0.0;
ugetab

Post by ugetab »

GYMs are the 'old' format, since 3 days ago. Try VGMs(Rippable through Kega).

http://project2612.bandwidthmonkey.net
tepples

Post by tepples »

ugetab wrote:I don't think anybody would mind an extra 16k to 48k of extra size if the rip sounds right.
Heck in the age of 500 MB PSF2 rips (Katamari Damacy and anything else that uses streaming), I wouldn't mind if the NSF is as big as the .nes file's PRG. You can just 00 out stuff that it doesn't use, and it'll compress away to nothing anyway, praise Phil Katz.
ugetab

Post by ugetab »

It took a while, but I ripped 'Kid Klown'. I also have the idea of using the Memory Viewer, and pasting everything before the music area of memory from active game memory to the NSF memory(by using the Memory Viewer opening trick), at some point after any memory clearing is done. This would have made it a bit easier to rip Kid Klown, had I figured it out before...because all it was really missing was a default jump location.
Picc

Post by Picc »

ugetab, I'm the one who requested Monopoly and I wanted to thank you for ripping it. As you said you were having trouble with the title screen, but I was easily able to record an mp3 of it from the original easily, just to complete the soundtrack. You did great work overall though, lots of songs I didn't even know were in the game!
Norrin_Radd

Post by Norrin_Radd »

ugetab wrote:GYMs are the 'old' format, since 3 days ago. Try VGMs(Rippable through Kega).

http://project2612.bandwidthmonkey.net
There..... is no word..... to describe......

I am speechless! Thanks for the tip ugetab. I am in HEAVEN!

Also, the Kid Klown NSF sounds amazing! Is anyone else getting a wicked Megaman 3/4 vibe from track 2? Keep em coming ugetab!
kingshriek

Post by kingshriek »

Namco Classic 1 & 2:

Namco Classic NSF
Namco Classic 2 NSF

Namco Classic 2's 8K music bank is split into two portions - one is a pointer table used to init, the other is the music data. For the pointer table, the bank is placed at $8000-$9FFF, and for the music, it's placed at $A000-$BFFF. The game also does a bunch of writes to $4012, but DMC is never turned on.
Abster

NSF reports

Post by Abster »

Mickey Mousecapade is missing its ending and game over themes.

Bases Loaded 1 is missing the music played when you *just* hit a home run. The music that plays after that is track 8.

Bugs Bunny Crazy castle is missing its death and I think the game over tune.
plinkoplus

Post by plinkoplus »

Hey all,

I have a few more requests, which are not on any of the sites yet.

Superman
Volleyball
Hoops
Anticipation
Slalom

If you somebody can please rip these, I really would be grateful.

Thank you so much in advance.

Chris