Chibi-tech's secret techniques

Discuss NSF files, FamiTracker, MML tools, or anything else related to NES music.

Moderator: Moderators

Solus

Chibi-tech's secret techniques

Post by Solus »

Hello everyone, it's been days now that I try on Famitracker to emulate the sounds of chibi-tech's penultimate album (Crema Binaria) but there is nothing to do. Then I read a post of her on Twitter that says so:

"yeah i worked really hard this time on it... there were a few new famicom-based audio techniques i picked up myself and exploited too (subtle ones even, arguably more technical than whatever i did in kyunstep to make things sound glossier from the sound source)"

(If you don't know, she composed kyunstep by changing the engine speed but here it says she used more technical methods)

What parameters do you think she changes/uses to bring out such perfect sounds?
Enlighten me because I really don't know what to do.
Dwedit

Re: Chibi-tech's secret techniques

Post by Dwedit »

There is a NSF importer version of Famitracker that can import an NSF file at one frame-per-row, so you can see what parameters are used every frame.
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
Solus

Re: Chibi-tech's secret techniques

Post by Solus »

Dwedit wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:29 am There is a NSF importer version of Famitracker that can import an NSF file at one frame-per-row, so you can see what parameters are used every frame.
But are there the nsf files of Crema Binaria's songs?