Offering music for your homebrew!

Discuss NSF files, FamiTracker, MML tools, or anything else related to NES music.

Moderator: Moderators

ModalModule

Offering music for your homebrew!

Post by ModalModule »

Hey! I debated on posting this to music or homebrew, but opted for the more categorically logical choice.

I am a vgm composer who is looking to make music for homebrew! I've made a lot of music for games inspired by nes etc, but none that are legitimate nes games. I am however versed in tracking proper nes music (fami, 0cc, etc), but would just need to learn implementation (or from what I understand is something a dev could do relatively easily).

I am a professional composer, and as such usually charge to make music, but since this is a new endeavor am willing to jump into a project for free (for now), so hit me up!

You can find my bandcamp in my sig, and if you're looking for specifically nes examples: "chronicle..." is vrc6+mmc5 (which probably is not iplementable but shows what I can do), and a handful of tracks on Super gear quest (for example "arm of an android") are 2a03.
I also do gameboy, genesis, and have messed with snes (through a tracker but probably not in an easily implemented way), but I know this is an nes forum, just throwing that out there. haha

I look forward to working with you!
Dwedit

Re: Offering music for your homebrew!

Post by Dwedit »

Have you ever used FamiTracker before? It is the most used tool for creating NES music. Making a couple of Covers can help get you familiar with the program.

Saw the clear screenshot of FamiTracker on the bandcamp page.
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
lancuster

Re: Offering music for your homebrew!

Post by lancuster »

Hello. Is the offer still valid? I don't have my own game yet, but I think I'll stock up on the necessary music in advance.