INL Dumper WRAM saving issues

Discuss hardware-related topics, such as development cartridges, CopyNES, PowerPak, EPROMs, or whatever.

Moderators: B00daW, Moderators

sukotto42

INL Dumper WRAM saving issues

Post by sukotto42 » Fri May 14, 2021 1:07 pm

Hi there, I seem to be having an issue using the dumper.

I'm not able to save the WRAM off my Dragon Warrior cart. I have provided the size of WRAM in the inl_starter GUI, but it does not dump along with the WRAM. I really want to be able to save this old save data, as it belongs to an old friend of mine and I feel like he might be interested in having it. The game dumps fine, just without WRAM. It looks like the MMC1 script refers to WRAM, so I'm confused as to why I am not getting this output as well. I have been digging through Google for info on the subject, but it seems to be just outside the realm of what I can find. Is this something I would have to do on the command prompt only?

And when that's all good and dandy, after I replace the cart battery, will I be able to re-flash the save to the WRAM?

sukotto42

Re: INL Dumper WRAM saving issues

Post by sukotto42 » Fri May 14, 2021 1:23 pm

So I just read on the purchase page that it does NOT support backing up cartridge save ram. I had for some reason thought it would perform that function.

Huh.

lidnariq

Post by lidnariq » Fri May 14, 2021 1:35 pm

Naruko's older Kazoo/Kazzo system does support that.

Quietust

Post by Quietust » Fri May 14, 2021 1:41 pm

If the "INL Dumper" you refer to is the INLretro Dumper-Programmer (formerly the "kazzo"), it should be able to dump WRAM - the MMC1 script has "dumpram" and "dumpram_filename" parameters which should make it do what you want.
Quietust, QMT Productions
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.