It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:29 am 

Hard to know what caps you have exactly. Perhaps they are/should be fine, a photo would prob help us help you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:24 am 

I have used an original NES-SLROM board. No custom made baords.
This one, to be exact: http://bootgod.dyndns.org:7777/profile.php?id=14

Desoldered the CIC, programmed the Attiny13A with the correct fuse settings, installed it as follows:
Pin 1 - NC
Pin 2 - CIC Hole 6 (Cart #71)
Pin 3 - NC
Pin 4 - CIC Hole 8 (GND)
Pin 5 - CIC Hole 1 (Cart #35)
Pin 6 - CIC Hole 2 (Cart #34)
Pin 7 - CIC Hole 7 (Cart #70)
Pin 8 - CIC Hole 16 (VCC)

P.S. 2 out of 3 are working, tested in that board as well. So I doubt it is capacitor related but maybe a faulty Attiny13A.
Either way, new Attiny13A are on their way and I will test them once I get them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:43 am 

At a glance, your wiring is fine (as expected since some chips work). But I have no idea how long your wires are or other things that a photo would help portray. I did have similar issues where some chips worked and some didn't with some of Jim's Cool first attiny13 NES CIC builds. He found the bug and fixed it, never shared with me what the problem was. Not of much help, but perhaps your issue with krikzz implementation is related. First I've heard of it though, and there's quite a few people using his attiny13 NES CIC implementation AFAIK.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:49 am 

Found out my problem.

I set the fuse bits first instead of writing it with a GQ-4X resulting in ID FFFF making it useless to progam with a GQ-4X.
However, the TL866 recognized the Attiny13A and its ID. So i thought I could continue with the proper fuse settings.
While programming worked well the AVRCIC never worked in that said cart. Luckily I had another cart with a working AVRCIC. So I switched them out. The SLROM cart now works fine, but the other doesn't, obviously.

So I just programmed one using the TL866 ONLY. Reset the console a few times and hey, both carts work.

I also found out, if you program it with a GQ-4X. Set the fuse bits LAST. First program the HEX file.

Thanks for the help though.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:54 am 

Ahh yeah those tools are pretty terrible for programming microcontrollers. For AVRs, I would highly recommend any devices that allow you to use avrdude, allows you to be much more explicit with what's getting programmed exactly and when.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28