NES devcart?

Discuss hardware-related topics, such as development cartridges, CopyNES, PowerPak, EPROMs, or whatever.

Moderators: B00daW, Moderators

oRBIT2002

NES devcart?

Post by oRBIT2002 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:54 am

I've read about a few devcarts being built in this forum (By Kevtris/Memblers etc.) but I haven't read any recent news concerning these devices for a very long time. What's the status on these projects today? Anyone knows?

dXtr

Post by dXtr » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:07 am

not sure about kevtris thougt.. are you refering to his ram-carts?
but with memblers I think it's still under some design phase(?)
and then we have the FunkyFlashCart that we're waiting for some status on too :)

that's what I "know"... but I think it's better that the creators them self answear this question instead of my speculations
Sorry for misspellings, I'm from Sweden ^^

Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:57 am

My UNROM cart is ready to go, Squeedo is pretty much ready to go also tho I still gotta make sure my serial cables will work OK when I build a bunch of them and I need to review a couple important parts of the firmware.

Yeah I know I've said it's almost ready before, but the past few days I've had actual chips and stuff arriving, the expensive ones that I saved for buying last. :)

But, I've got some other stuff to do next week. I started throwing together a webpage with prices and all that stuff, it still needs to be finished. I'll be able to start shipping some stuff in April.

Jagasian

Post by Jagasian » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:08 am

What is needed is a RAM based FunkyFlashCart that can be programmed from CopyNES. That would effectively be a true NES copier. It could dump games, as well as play backup images without the original cart. Of course, the copier would have to be tethered to a PC or laptop for loading games, but the Nano-ITX looks like it could do the job, as it even has a TV-out. You could hook both NES and Nano-ITX to your TV at the same time, and control the entire setup with a universal remote. Though some custom game and save management software would have to be written, to make controller via a remote easier. Then just select the game and save you want to load, then switch the TV-input line from the Nano-ITX to the NES using the remote.

oRBIT2002

Post by oRBIT2002 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:01 pm

I'd like some kind of devcart, allowing you to run, for example mapper0-4 stuff, that would be more than enough for me anyway. And if it came with a usb/similar connection, and didn't require any assembly at all, I'd buy it asap. :)

No Carrier

Post by No Carrier » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:40 pm

Memblers wrote:My UNROM cart is ready to go, Squeedo is pretty much ready to go also tho I still gotta make sure my serial cables will work OK when I build a bunch of them and I need to review a couple important parts of the firmware.

Yeah I know I've said it's almost ready before, but the past few days I've had actual chips and stuff arriving, the expensive ones that I saved for buying last. :)

But, I've got some other stuff to do next week. I started throwing together a webpage with prices and all that stuff, it still needs to be finished. I'll be able to start shipping some stuff in April.
I can't wait to see more information. Please post it as soon as you get it together!

NC