Analogue Nt mini - Problem with kevtris' jailbreak firmware

Discuss hardware-related topics, such as development cartridges, CopyNES, PowerPak, EPROMs, or whatever.

Moderator: Moderators

Tomaso

Analogue Nt mini - Problem with kevtris' jailbreak firmware

Post by Tomaso »

Hi.
Need some help here.
Hope it's in the right section.

I just bought the Analogue Nt mini..
After downloading kevtris' jailbreak firmware v2.0, I followed the instructions and flashed the Nt mini successfully.
Now, I've copied my NES ROMs into the correct folder on the SD card, but there's a problem..
When I turn on the Nt mini, select "Cores" and click on "NES/Famicom", nothing happens.
It just shows a power button symbol, indicating that I should restart the Nt mini, and the screen freezes.
After restarting the Nt mini, the same thing happens every time!
Am I missing something here?
kevtris

Re: Analogue Nt mini - Problem with kevtris' jailbreak firmw

Post by kevtris »

Tomaso wrote:Hi.
Need some help here.
Hope it's in the right section.

I just bought the Analogue Nt mini..
After downloading kevtris' jailbreak firmware v2.0, I followed the instructions and flashed the Nt mini successfully.
Now, I've copied my NES ROMs into the correct folder on the SD card, but there's a problem..
When I turn on the Nt mini, select "Cores" and click on "NES/Famicom", nothing happens.
It just shows a power button symbol, indicating that I should restart the Nt mini, and the screen freezes.
After restarting the Nt mini, the same thing happens every time!
Am I missing something here?
There's no "power button" symbol present anywhere in the nt mini. I think what's happening is your monitor is showing that the nt mini stopped sending HDMI signals while it reconfigures its FPGA. You need to wait 19 seconds or so after selecting a core. the front LED will blink red while it loads the new configuration, then the FPGA will start sending HDMI again and it will work. Are you waiting 20-30 seconds before doing anything?
/* this is a comment */
Tomaso

Re: Analogue Nt mini - Problem with kevtris' jailbreak firmw

Post by Tomaso »

Thanks for responding, kevtris.

No, my TV doesn't show any on-screen messages.
I've waited for much longer than 30 seconds..
More like 30 minutes actually, but nothing happens.

Here's a pictures that shows the symbol on the middle of the screen:

The first time I turned on the Nt mini, I had most of the NES library located in the NES folder, and it was sorted into subfolders for each letter in the alphabet.
When selecting the NES/Famicom core, everything froze, but without that symbol on the middle of the screen (seen in the screenshot).
So, I figured that the Nt Mini probably didn't support subfolders, or that there simply was too many ROMs present on the SD card.
Next, I deleted all the subfolders with the ROMs that I had added, then I placed one single ROM in the NES folder instead, just to see what would happen..
The same thing happens, but with the addition of that symbol appearing on the middle of the screen.
The screen is completely frozen, the "NES/Famicom" selection keeps on blinking, while the Nt mini's front LED only show a non-flashing white light.