More NSF Requests

Discuss NSF files, FamiTracker, MML tools, or anything else related to NES music.

Moderator: Moderators

rainwarrior

Re: More NSF Requests

Post by rainwarrior »

Doommaster1994 wrote:I wanted to cover it on Famitracker (since it was the last game that used that driver by Neil) but when I used NSFImport it played it faster.
Change the speed setting from 1 to 2, and your problem would be solved.
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

Fixed: Baltron (1986-03-19)(Shouei System)(Toei Animation) Fixed.nsf (attached)

The problem was basically a non-returning INIT sort of, but it was really due to the NSF waiting on the PPU. It looks like the ripper left the entire game's init code intact rather than just the music setup. I put an RTS at $8172, and this seems to have fixed it. I also cleared the PAL bit, because this seems to be a Famicom exclusive?
Attachments
Baltron (1986-03-19)(Shouei System)(Toei Animation) Fixed.nsf
(32.13 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
Last edited by rainwarrior on Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doommaster1994

Post by Doommaster1994 »

Again, thanks rainwarrior. Deeply appreciate the fix!
Another fix I would really like is Side Pocket. The third song is incomplete, as there's supposed to be another part to it but it's not in the NSF. I'd really love to have the complete version of that song. As far as I know though, that's the only track. I don't want to bother you too much about NSF fixes though since you're probably very busy.
locke_gb7

Post by locke_gb7 »

oh Thanks very much for Baltron!

i stopped getting notifications when posts happen and my old bookmark was broken, just fonud the thread back :)

Side Pocket, there is a song missing? I did not notice if yuo mean the bonus shot song, Gil added it for me a while back.

Also I wanted to post my update list of missing/Problems/No Rips
Not expecting it to be completed but just keeping track ;)

Obocchama-Kum Splashing Guy
Kabuki Quantum Fighter Cutscene
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons - Hillsfar Arena Match Start
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons - Hillsfar Failed Lock Pick
Short Order Eggsplode Burger Game
Baseball Stars You're Hired
Rally Bike Died, Stage 3, Stage 5 DIED FIXED
Dai-2-Ji - Super Robot Regular Battle Scene (Gundam I think)
Bases Loaded Switching sides
Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu Second part of the Ending
Wurm Jingle after final boss
Goal! ShooT Competition
World Class Track Meet Too many tracks, in parts, all fucked up
Famicom Wars End turn
Tecmo Super Bowl Touch Down 2, Sack, Pas Intercept, Maybe More
Track & Field Game Over 2
Track & Field Foul
Dragon Power, no NSF (I tihnk only the japanese version is done but named wrong to Dragon Power)
Dr. Chaos Pickup Item After boss
Willow Receive Item
Willow Boss Defeated
Doommaster1994

Post by Doommaster1994 »

No, I meant track 3 is incomplete. There's another half of the song that's not there. The Dr. Chaos FDS NSF has not been ripped yet.
arfy

Post by arfy »

Hi, this one's probably been on the back burner for a while, but here goes.

Erika to Satoru no Yume Bouken (1988-09-27)(Atlus)(Namco).nsf:
Has missing channels, only plays propperly in, of all things, nnNesterJ. however, could need a re-rip, as King of Kings (1988-12-09)(Atlus)(Namco).nsf plays properly in all players now. this also used to only play properly in nester.

On a related note, is the archive found at nsf.joshw.info the most complete/up-to-date one at this point, at least for licensed games? how about for modern demo/homebrew stuff? Including such things as mck 2ch songs, famicompo, other compos I may not know of, all gathered together in one place. Ideally, I'd love to see something like an hvsc for nsf, something like what kev did many years ago now.

Tia!

arfy
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

Yes, Erika needs a re-rip. Who fixed King of Kings? (Where did you find a fixed version?)

Edit: Ahh, okay the joshw archive has a good version? I'm still curious where it came from.

The problem is that the volume registers for those channels are never set. I took a look at the nnNesterJ source to see what was different, and I think it only happens to pick up those channels because it initializes volume to 1 instead of 0. That also may explain why jrlepage was able to hear some of the extra channels on his TNS-HFC3 in one case.

At any rate, Erika still needs a re-rip. Good to know that King of Kings is fixed.
Knurek

Post by Knurek »

arfy wrote:On a related note, is the archive found at nsf.joshw.info the most complete/up-to-date one at this point, at least for licensed games?

Should be, at least until console music history starts the ball rolling.
arfy wrote:how about for modern demo/homebrew stuff? Including such things as mck 2ch songs, famicompo, other compos I may not know of, all gathered together in one place. Ideally, I'd love to see something like an hvsc for nsf, something like what kev did many years ago now.
No plans for that, at least from me. I'm willing to host them on joshw if anyone wants to tackle that.
rainwarrior wrote:Ahh, okay the joshw archive has a good version? I'm still curious where it came from.
According to snakemeat's notes, rip on joshw is credited to 2ch Community, I guess it was just posted anonymously there.
arfy

Post by arfy »

Well, looks like I found my modern nsf's archive. was doing some Google searching and found this post over at chipmusic.org.
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/4787/ ... ve-revive/
Just downloading the archive now to see what it's like. this might be worth checking out too.
Doommaster1994

Post by Doommaster1994 »

Another NSF that needs fixing is Addams Family: Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt. It's missing a song and it plays too fast. I'd really appreciate it if someone took the time to fix that one. Its composer is Barry Leitch.

Also, would anyone be willing to rip After Burner? The Japanese version is ripped, but the USA version has a different soundtrack. Both are from the arcade, but the USA version was done by somebody else.

Update 6/18/13 - I found a couple other NSFs that need a fix. The fixed version of Nightshade is missing the ending theme. It's in the original unfixed NSF but it plays too fast. Also, the ending song of Exciting Billiard is missing. The composer of Nightshade is Marshall Parker and the composers of Exciting Billiard are Yoshiaki Hatano (sound) and Atsushi Fujio (music). Thanks again.
NewRisingSun

Post by NewRisingSun »

I noticed that the Ninja Kid/ゲゲゲの鬼太郎 妖怪大魔境 NSF I made centuries ago was missing the "boss" song. How sloppy of me! Damn you, Tose, for storing music data in CHR-ROM.

Here is the updated version of this important piece of music history.
Doommaster1994

Post by Doommaster1994 »

Thanks! Hey, you wouldn't be willing to fix one NSF for me, would you? I'm learning NSF ripping, but I haven't got that far into it now. So far, I only really know how to edit the NSF headers. I've been fixing the ones that have the wrong regions listed.

Also, I think Kouji Murata is the composer of Gegege, but I'm not sure. I'll ask him about it.
Zynk

Post by Zynk »

Heys! :mrgreen: I'm going all out on this! I would like to request an nsf of Kaze yo tsutaete, its the theme of Roll from MvC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAvr-PRXGp8

EDIT: Scratch that, I got one from Spriter Gors himself, the owner of the video^!
ArnoldRimmer83

Post by ArnoldRimmer83 »

Its been a long time since I've made an nsf request, but I would like to ask if someone could rip Salamander, the Japanese version of Life Force. According to the Cutting Room Floor, Salamander has an unused song called "Combat", that is buried in Salamander's code, but it was removed entirely in Life Force.

http://tcrf.net/Life_Force_%28NES%29

The current rip of Life Force, is of the US version I assume, as the Combat song on that page is not in the rip. If somebody could rip Salamander I would appreciate it.
Doommaster1994

Post by Doommaster1994 »

I would like to request War on Wheels. One of my favorite NES soundtracks.