EMUya - A emulation store for homebrew NES development

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

Zelex

Re: EMUya - A emulation store for homebrew NES development

Post by Zelex »

slobu wrote:Any word on the Atari 2600 side? I could see SaveKey emulation used to extract high scores and support save games. That could be another pay feature, methinks.
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/176797 ... ox-eeprom/
Sorry :( I've been pretty swamped with my normal job. We are doing open beta in a couple weeks for Firefall and I have a mountain of work. I get a few hours on the weekend to work on EMUya, but my next big target is MMC5 support. After that is game genie. Then NES emulation is "done" so far as I'm comfortable with the breadth of mapper support for a while. After that Atari 2600 is next on my list.
Zelex

Post by Zelex »

Ok, the latest EMUya was just rejected because apparently when I link to your website from inside the game ("Visit the developers website"), some of you have donation buttons on your website. This is apparently against their new TRC and they don't allow that. Since I can't control this - I can only allow links to sites which do not contain donation buttons on them. Until then I'll disable the button for people who have "donation solicitations". (personally, I think this is retarded, but I can't control Ouya's policies)
Hello ,

Unfortunately we can't yet distribute EMUya (1.4.5) on OUYA.

Here is our team's feedback. Please consider it. We'd be thrilled if you resubmitted. Unfortunately, the title cannot be passed at this time as to OUYA’s new policy on soliciting donations: “OUYA’s providing a store and ecosystem, through which developers can get discovered by a large, aggregated audience. What they ask in return is adherence to their rules & guidelines. The rules and guidelines exist to provide a consistent and fair environment for all developers. Skirting those rules is not fair to those developers who are operating within the guidelines.” And although the link directly within the App leads to a site that is not asking for donations, some of the links from the “Visit the developer’s website” contain donation solicitations. Please remember that it is your responsibility to ensure that your game adheres to the terms of the OUYA Marketplace Agreement.

Our goal is to be the most developer-friendly gaming platform. If you have questions about our process or our feedback onn what you submitted, please feel free to reach out to us at app-reviews@OUYA.tv

Team OUYA
Zelex

Post by Zelex »

New version is live :) Thanks for everyone's patience!
Zelex

Post by Zelex »

Good news! :) After some back and forth, we got them to reverse their position on us linking to your websites (even if you have donate buttons on them)! =D This is fantastic of them. Ouya has really shown their good side IMHO.
thefox

Post by thefox »

More press for STREEMERZ/EMUya, made #4 on this list: http://www.gamesradar.com/best-ouya-games/
Download STREEMERZ for NES from fauxgame.com! — Some other stuff I've done: fo.aspekt.fi
Zelex

Post by Zelex »

thefox wrote:More press for STREEMERZ/EMUya, made #4 on this list: http://www.gamesradar.com/best-ouya-games/
Fantastic! :) One of my favorites as well!
Kreese

Post by Kreese »

Now I have tried this aswell. Great NES emulator! Awesome that you included these great homebrews. I really like the idea.

I have not got any other roms to work yet. I tried putting them on a USB stick. In "roms" folder. But they don't show up. I just played with.my OUYA for a couple of hours. I guess I will figure it out.
tepples

Post by tepples »

Nova and I figured it out. You have to first install a file manager.
  1. Under Make > Software, select the planet, which represents Android Browser.
  2. Using the touchpad, drag around until the address bar appears. Moving your finger moves the mouse pointer, a tap produces a click, and a tap and move produces a drag.
  3. Enter forums.nesdev.com into the address bar.
  4. Browse to this post.
  5. Click here to view the description page of Rhythm Software File Manager. (File Manager HD won't work.)
  6. Click "Download". (The Google Play button won't work.)
  7. Under Manage > System > Advanced > Storage > Downloads, select "FileManager.apk".
  8. Under Make > Software, select File Manager.
  9. Click Up repeatedly until it turns gray.
  10. Select "usbdrive".
Do you see your files in the usbdrive folder? Or did you get hung up on a step?
Zelex

Post by Zelex »

Kreese wrote:Now I have tried this aswell. Great NES emulator! Awesome that you included these great homebrews. I really like the idea.

I have not got any other roms to work yet. I tried putting them on a USB stick. In "roms" folder. But they don't show up. I just played with.my OUYA for a couple of hours. I guess I will figure it out.
Thanks! =D

I would recommend restarting the Ouya as its kind of finicky when it comes to USB sticks. Also, another possibility is that the connector pins are depressed in the USB connector on the Ouya. I've heard of that too.
Zelex

Post by Zelex »

I don't want to get anybody's hopes up entirely yet as the contracts are not yet final, but after many failed attempts, I believe I have convinced Sony to allow a form of EMUya on the PS4! =D
Denine

Post by Denine »

Holy s...., are you serious?!
I mean, it doesn't even sound real for some reason...
I mean...NES emulator, on. on sony ps4. I mean, approved. Will nintendo not do anything about it?
I'm clueless about lawsuits, so sorry If I'm making no sense.
tepples

Post by tepples »

If end users can't load their own ROMs, all ROMs would have to be approved as DLC by the console maker. Oriku could offer games under a free software license or other redistributable games, and Capcom, Konami, Namco, Sunsoft, Sivak, Faux Game Company, etc. would be able to offer their own games as DLC even if Nintendo chooses not to.
Zelex

Post by Zelex »

Denine wrote:Holy s...., are you serious?!
I mean, it doesn't even sound real for some reason...
I mean...NES emulator, on. on sony ps4. I mean, approved. Will nintendo not do anything about it?
I'm clueless about lawsuits, so sorry If I'm making no sense.
I haven't yet signed the contracts. As written Sony owns EMUya and anything else we develop on the PS4 out-right, for free. So, I can't sign the contract they want. However, assuming that we can get the contract issues worked out, yes, it should happen. Also, I'm not sure if they will approve EMUya if it allows side-loaded ROMs. I'll try, but I can't guarantee success. However, all the home-brew games will be available :)
Sik

Post by Sik »

I don't think you should be talking publicly about something like this, Sony will most likely pull back immediately o.O
Denine wrote:I mean...NES emulator, on. on sony ps4. I mean, approved. Will nintendo not do anything about it?
They can't do anything about it unless their ROMs are involved. They can't even use the patent excuse since all patents are expired, and there isn't anything copyrightable on the NES itself that needs to be emulated (the only thing that comes to my mind is the lock-out chip, and why would you want to emulate that?).