More NSF Requests

Discuss NSF files, FamiTracker, MML tools, or anything else related to NES music.

Moderator: Moderators

NewRisingSun

Re: More NSF Requests

Post by NewRisingSun »

The current rip of Life Force, is of the US version I assume, as the Combat song on that page is not in the rip. If somebody could rip Salamander I would appreciate it.
I could not find it in "Salamander (J)" either. As I understand that webpage, one would have to rip it from the ROM image of "Salamander (sample version)", which is not commonly available.
ArnoldRimmer83

Post by ArnoldRimmer83 »

Looks like the page got updated. It used to claim that the Japanese version still had it buried, but I guess that's not the case. Thanks for checking.
Hamtaro126

Post by Hamtaro126 »

Like a Re-rip of ''the Adventures of Tom Sawyer'', which is the other Tom Sawyer game for Famicom and NES by SETA

The current rip has several missing songs!
Last edited by Hamtaro126 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA SmilyMZX/AtariHacker.
DevEd

Post by DevEd »

I would like a rip of the beta version of DuckTales, please.
You know, the DevSound guy.

There are two kinds of people in this world: those who are convinced there are two kinds of people in this world, and those who aren't. - Unknown
Hamtaro126

Post by Hamtaro126 »

DevEd wrote:I would like a rip of the beta version of DuckTales, please.
There is already a rip of this, Try to find it at Lost Levels or Gil Galad's current version of the NSF collection he has,

it is also at Akumu's NSF archive, click on 'D' and see ''Duck Tales (Prototype)''
AKA SmilyMZX/AtariHacker.
V666

Post by V666 »

May I ask for help from any of you talented people?

I seriously need the music from Alien - Thanatos Encounter for GBC. ( I own the cart )

I'm a lot into Alien series, and usually the music there is dark, sick and twisted...

Somebody help!

Thank you!
locke_gb7

Post by locke_gb7 »

Long time no see, I am wondering if during my long absence Touch Down 2, Sack, Pas Intercept, Maybe More from Tecmo Super Bowl have been fixed the NSF seemed to be lacking a serious load of tracks.
Doommaster1994

Post by Doommaster1994 »

V666 wrote:May I ask for help from any of you talented people?

I seriously need the music from Alien - Thanatos Encounter for GBC. ( I own the cart )

I'm a lot into Alien series, and usually the music there is dark, sick and twisted...

Somebody help!

Thank you!
You are posting in the wrong section. NSF files are for Nintendo NES games. You should look for a GBS forum since that format is for Game Boy music.

Also, I don't think anyone rips NSFs anymore.
locke_gb7

Post by locke_gb7 »

its too bad, i was offering decent donations in exchange for teh NSF rips :/
locke_gb7

Post by locke_gb7 »

Question, why is there 5 songs in the Galaxian NSF, from what I rememebr there wasnt really any songs in Galaxian???
tepples

Post by tepples »

The game contains normally unused music as an Easter egg. See the article about Galaxian for NES in The Cutting Room Floor.
OneCrudeDude

Post by OneCrudeDude »

"There are a total of five songs accessible by this method, all embedded in the CHR data."

That is one thing that I find mindblowing, even though it might be simple in reality. I find it amazing that otherwise garbage graphics actually contain code, though from my experience, every tile is essentially a visualized representation of hexadecimal value. Still, I think it's mindblowing, though it was probably common sense for seriously old NES game programming.
Drag

Post by Drag »

You may or may not be interested, but Magic Jewelry stores a couple of its songs in the CHR rom as well.
tepples

Post by tepples »

OneCrudeDude wrote:I find it amazing that otherwise garbage graphics actually contain code, though from my experience, every tile is essentially a visualized representation of hexadecimal value. Still, I think it's mindblowing
The title screen layout of Super Mario Bros. is stored at the end of the background side of its CHR ROM. Vs. Super Mario Bros. and Dragon Quest and Milon's Secret Castle store a bunch of $#!+ in unused CHR ROM as well. Big Bird's Hide and Speak stores some of Caroll Spinney's voice samples there too and somehow seamlessly fetches them during vertical blanking time without interrupting the process of decoding and playing them.
OneCrudeDude

Post by OneCrudeDude »

I still find old game development fascinating, especially since programmers were often pressed for space and solutions. I wonder if modern game programming has programmers think outside the box and do obtuse stuff to make their games work.

Heh, this got a bit derailed by now, sorry.